Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Acceptance, LLC - GW contact?

tag
RW771
Frequent Contributor

Asset Acceptance, LLC - GW contact?

Hi everyone,

I have been searching through old threads trying to get some info. on a good contact with Asset Acceptance, LLC for a GW deletion and not having much luck. I have been through heck with this company and finally settled with them back in July only for my credit to hit the floor. I'm pretty desperate at this point so any pointers or links to old threads with this info. is very much appreciated.

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RW771
Frequent Contributor

Re: Asset Acceptance, LLC - GW contact?

Just to clarify: This account is reporting as PIF as of August. My score has dropped 12 points since last month (8/15/11). I'm trying to have the paid collection removed from my CR, not trying to get a PFD. Here's a summary of where I'm at:

06/22/2011 - 543 (per MyFICO)

06/22/2011 - 557 (median score per bank)

08/15/2011 - 557 (per MyFICO)

09/13/2011 - 545 (per MyFICO)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 2 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

What have they said to your GW requests thus far?

Message 3 of 7
RW771
Frequent Contributor

Each time I've asked has been by phone and they just tell me by law they cannot remove it. I figured maybe as a last ditch effort I could send a letter to someone up at the corporate office and maybe they'd reconsider. I figure if I kept bothering them they'd give in, but so far that hasn't happened. I've been battling with this company since 2008 and thought that by settling I could put this to rest. It changed a whole bunch of factors on my CR when I pulled it yesterday and now I'm sorry I ever settled with them. It's scheduled to fall off of my report next year, but thought I was doing the right thing by paying it off, thinking it would help my credit. Seems I can't ahead no matter what I do *sigh*.

Message 4 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I know things are better and it'll never happen again, but if ever in a situation with an unpaid debt, aim for a PFD instead of paying it. There's no guarantee that they'd accept the PFD, but worth a shot (if ever faced with that again).

IME, letters were always more effective than calls per GWs for both OCs and CAs. I'd write them. Never give up.

Message 5 of 7
RW771
Frequent Contributor

Yep, I tried getting them to accept a PFD before settling and they told me they "don't do PFD's...ever". So I tried calling and talking to different people over the next few days hoping to get a hold of someone that maybe would and still nothing. So that's when we setlled for a low low amount and I figured that'd be as good as it would get.

I agree though, letters are always better and I'm hoping that this last letter I'm sending will do something. I was just hoping that someone here had the name or email address of someone else other than the compliance dept. to send this to so that maybe it would catch someone's attention and something would be done.  Thanks again!

Message 6 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus
Moved:

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.