Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Acceptance LLC

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Asset Acceptance LLC

A factoring company and a debt buyer are one and the same for credit reporting, they both are coded identically.  A CA has a different code.  It does not make them the OC.  It specifically states that now matter how many times the debt was sold or transferred, the OC, the one that extended the credit, has to be shown on the CR.

A CA or factoring compnay can show the worst delinquency on an account but they cannot add lates to it. 

Message 11 of 17
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@guiness56 wrote:

A factoring company and a debt buyer are one and the same for credit reporting, they both are coded identically.  A CA has a different code.  It does not make them the OC.  It specifically states that now matter how many times the debt was sold or transferred, the OC, the one that extended the credit, has to be shown on the CR.

A CA or factoring compnay can show the worst delinquency on an account but they cannot add lates to it. 

Where they to be listing themselves properly as a CA, they would not have the option to post lates.  I had a CA, listing as factoring company, adding monthly lates, listing as an open revolving account and even changed the DOFD.  It is not the process of the CAs listing as a factoring company that causes false information, it's what they do with it.  It's a loophole in the system that should be addressed.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 12 of 17
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

Where they to be listing themselves properly as a CA, they would not have the option to post lates.  I had a CA, listing as factoring company, adding monthly lates, listing as an open revolving account and even changed the DOFD.  It is not the process of the CAs listing as a factoring company that causes false information, it's what they do with it.  It's a loophole in the system that should be addressed.

+1 

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 13 of 17
Supermommy
Valued Member

How would I know if it's an open revolving account? I'm looking at my transunion CR.  Learning...

Message 14 of 17
roqiin_tkdk

Oh, this company tried to sue me on an old debt past the SOL in my state of California.  I hired a consumer law attorney which helped rid of the whole account from all of my credit reports, and also got my case dismissed!  Hire a debt attorney to deal with these folks, it only costed me $1500 and the lawyer accepts payment plans.

Starting Score: 623
Current Score: 623
Goal Score: 700

Message 15 of 17
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

In California, I thought there was a law about filing for a judgement outside of SOL.  I'll have to look into that.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 16 of 17
roqiin_tkdk

For sure!  I dealt with Zwicker and Associates on a previous case however I was stupid and ended up just settling it, instead of fighting it.  I only had a parelegal help me with court documents.   This time I hired help of a debt attorney.  For sure, the SOL in California is 4 years from the last date of the last payment, I believe- or something of the sort.

Asset Acceptance tried to sue me based on the notion that I have an OPEN BOOK account, but the account was closed since 2007 and last paid that year.
 They tried to change their attorney and back off  - after they finally noticed this is an old account.

Starting Score: 623
Current Score: 623
Goal Score: 700

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.