cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Acceptance - PFD - no response - anyone have luck with PFD with this Asset?

tag
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Asset Acceptance - PFD - no response - anyone have luck with PFD with this Asset?

I have sent letters and letters to Assett acceptance offering them a percentage 35% of the original debt. I never get a response. I did get a letter for 50% off if i pay end of month and they will report accurately - meaning a paid collection - no thanks.... i don't give two hoots about this account being a paid collection. i want it gone! I am of the belief (and i could be wrong) if I did i a PFD with one company for a percentage and it worked, why would it not work for another CA?

what is best strategy to get this account removed? maybe if i offer $515 PFD they would do it.... you should know it was opened as may 2008....

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Re: Asset Acceptance - PFD - no response - anyone have luck with PFD with this Asset?

Any violations?
Message 2 of 13
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Re: Asset Acceptance - PFD - no response - anyone have luck with PFD with this Asset?

i did not dv them. i should have. i found a message on the board that one person did have a successful pfd, so i sent her a pm. it did take a year.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've dealt with them before.  I had a Chase CO that went to Asset Acceptance, but I paid it right when it was sold to Asset, so it wasn't on my credit report ever.

The manager there told me that they were well aware of FDCPA, FCRA, PFDs, GWs, and everything else.  But as a company policy, they will never remove information before 7 years is up.  Even though it wouldnt apply to me because I paid the day they received it, I got into an argument with him.

I told him that a paid or unpaid collection still has the same effect on my score, so what is my motivation for paying it off if it won't be removed? He said that people should pay their bills out a sense of responsibility.I told  him that this was a stupid policy because it will cause lost profits.  They dont seem to care.  Luckily, I paid right away to keep it off.

All that being said, someone in another post said they had a PFD, but I didnt get a good feeling in my experience.

Message 4 of 13
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the information. I did read one person did a pfd, but it took a year of sending them offer letters. It's for ally's and I cancelled my account b/c I moved. I just might try sending PFD letters every week. Stay on top of it, maybe i'll catch the right person on the right day..........

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just sent a CMRRR to Asset Acceptance for DV of 2 very old accounts they are reporting.  Let me know how the PFD works out, if they are able to do a DV then my next step will be a PFD and it would be good to know how open they are to accepting a PFD.
Message 6 of 13
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

i didn't DV them; i should have....but you see i need to get things cleared up for an auto loan in december so i am working on this stuff right now. my first mistake was  not dv'ing them.

i sent many letters asking for a pfd - account was listed on my credit report may 08 - i increased my amount to 30% of the total amount due.  no answers. working on this since early april. no phone calls, no replies, no nothing.

i sent an email earlier this week to the i think chairman and am waiting for a response., these guys i think are tough - the other CA i dealt with took their settlement and removed listing - not sure about asset. i have no intentions of paying the full amount....

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please let me know how it goes, I just sent them my DV CMRRR today.  I hope they aren't as difficult as it sounds like they are.  The 2 accounts they are trying to collect for are past the SOL date based on Texas law, so at least I have that.  And I could wait the 2 more years left for it to drop off but I am trying to buy a car by November so trying to clean up some of the mess I made in my youth.  I would assume it would be to their advantage, if they can do a DV, to accept a PFD.

I do have a question hopefully someone coming across this post can answer.

If Asset Acceptance can NOT do a DV for the 2 accounts they are trying to collect for and it is removed from my CRs then I would assume my next step would be to contact the OC and attempt to do a PFD with them but what happens when the OC say "These accounts have been sent to a CA" but the CA can't do a DV?????

Do I just contact the CRAs and dispute the TLs for removal since the OC is no longer entertaining agreements to pay off these accounts?

If I have confused you, i'm sorry.  Quite frankly I think I have confused myself !!!! Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by FICOmeThis on 07-17-2009 08:30 PM
Message 8 of 13
Izaana
Regular Contributor

What does DV mean??
Message 9 of 13
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Debt validation. Information on DV can be found in the threads pinned at the top of the forum.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.