Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Acceptance PFD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Asset Acceptance PFD?

Has anyone had success with PFD with Asset? I tried twice now and they keep saying they don't do that. They will only update as paid. Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
taylor01
Valued Member

Re: Asset Acceptance PFD?

I haven't had any luck with them either.  I wrote them two GW letters and the told me the same thing.Smiley Mad
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

what is the debt for?  what is your SOL?
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you find out your SOL? I also have a phone bill with Asset Acceptance that I settled on because they refused to PFD. I have sent two GW letters and they don't even respond to mine. Any advice would be grrreat!

jaejae
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine is for a HSBC card. Not sure what the SOL is. It was originally in default in 5/05.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOL

HSBC should still be reporting....look at your TU or EX CR for the date it will drop....count backwards from there for SOL.

HSBC (IMO) not know for PFD.

Most CAs and a few (not many) OCs may accept a PFD when past SOL.

When the OC still owns the account the CA assigned the account MUST get an OK from the OC for a PFD!!!
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the SOL link but stupid question.....I have move a great deal over the past 5 years so is it the SOL of the state you currently live in? And does it matter how long you have lived there?

Thanks,
jaejae
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, here's a question. The account and debt originated in Michigan, however for the last 3 years I've been living in Georgia. Which state do I go by for SOL? I also believe that they have to sue me if they choose where I live right? Asset would have to file suit against me in GA? I'm thinking about DV'n Asset on the account because they have absolutely nothing. I called. They can't even tell me what kind of account it was, yet they keep verifying it. Am I right to say that if a company were going to file a suit against me, they would have to do it in Georgia where I live?
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

A creditor (OC or CA)  can file suit in the state where you applied for the credit OR where you live!!!

much has to do with how much you owe and who has the longest SOL.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

That doesn't sound right though. Asset filing suit in the state where the debt originated wouldn't work right because how would they serve me? I would have to be back in that state, or travel to that state to respond to a small claims court lawsuit? Makes no sense. I wouldn't travel back to MI on my dime to fight it even if it wasn't mine. Not for $800.00. It would cost more in airfare than the lawsuit would be for.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.