Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Acceptance - Sent PFD, not a peep but CRA shows disputed

tag
fixingitohio
Contributor

Asset Acceptance - Sent PFD, not a peep but CRA shows disputed

Asset Acceptance is my first attempt at a PFD.

Sent them a letter on 3/11/13 offering PIF if they PFD.  Haven't heard anything back from them regarding the PFD (although I did get their standard monthly "settle this account for 50% off" letter).  I'd like to get a PFD, but if they're never going to bite, I'll take the discount.

I noticed today my CR's show:

[TransUnion]
Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements
  [Experian]
Customer disputed account - reported by subscriber.

Is this a good thing or bad thing?  New to all this so I'm not sure what to think at this point.

Thanks for any insight

Starting Score: 640 TU / 593 EQ / 596 EX (3/1/13)
Current Score: 695 TU / 725 EQ / 673 EX (11/7/13)
Goal Score: 720 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Asset Acceptance - Sent PFD, not a peep but CRA shows disputed

If you didn't dispute it, no, it isn't a good thing. 

Was that comment added after you sent a PFD?

Message 2 of 5
fixingitohio
Contributor

Yes.

The PFD says I questioned the validity and did not acknowledge the debt, but in the interest of clearing it up was willing to PIF in exchange for deletion of the tradelines.  Seems like a better deal for them since they get 100% instead of 50%.

It is and old charge off (Credit One - they report $0 balance so CA owns it now apparently).

Message 3 of 5
fixingitohio
Contributor

An update.

Today I received in the mail from AAC what looks to be a debt validation letter, as in "we can't determine the nature of your dispute (which I didn't), but we confirmed with our client the debt is valid."  It is my debt.

So, given the they are notoriously hard to PFD AND I have an offer on the table from them to pay it for 50% off, should I

- take that offer then GW them to death,

- PIF and GW them to death

It drops off in 2 years and the OC is Credit One, so I doubt either will GW it off.

Does a "paid for less" score any worse than a PIF 

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
js0319
Established Contributor

I just settled with Asset on a $5,500 debt for $1,500. It's really up to you and how much you want to pay. Despite my efforts, I expect it to stay on my CR for the two or so years left on it. My solace is knowing that it's one less debt hanging over my head - regardless of how much I settled the debt for.

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.