Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Acceptance Success

tag
ramjam25
Established Member

Asset Acceptance Success

I have been dealing with asset acceptance for over two years now! I paid them off finally this year with the promise from them they would delete the tradeline... of course they never did. So after researching this board I decided to contact the BBB yesterday today I received this letter:

Dear Sir or Madam:

Asset Acceptance, LLC (AALLC) is in receipt of correspondence from your office, concerning complaint filed by ________ dated September 19.2012, and I have reviewed the same.

Please be advised the AALLC has reviewed its business records and calls and does not find any indication that AALLC agreed to remove its credit reporting of this matter. In accordance with Federal guidelines, AALLC is required to provide accurate information to the consumer reporting agencies. Further, AALLC is not permitted to agree to remove tradeline information in exchange for payment.

However, in the interest of resolving this matter, AALLC agrees to remove its tradeline with the appropriate consumer reporting agencies.

I highly doubt that they reviewed 2 years of calls in less than 24 hours, but either way I hope they stick to their word and I hope this removal will help my score. I will still have the original debt from credit one listed (which sucks) but one down is a good start! Especialy since i've been fighting with these jerks for so long!

Current lines: Chase Freedom $500 l Walmart Store $600 l Orchard bank $320 l First Premier $300 l First Premier (2) $300 l Capital One Secured $320 l Fingerhut Store $700 l Kay Jewelers $1200 l Navy Federal Visa Signature $6000

Starting Score: 7/12: EFX: 581 EXP: 611
Current Score: EFX: 609
Goal Score: 650 by end of the year

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
ramjam25
Established Member

Re: Asset Acceptance Success

Does anyone know how this will effect me? Having a paid collection deleted?

Current lines: Chase Freedom $500 l Walmart Store $600 l Orchard bank $320 l First Premier $300 l First Premier (2) $300 l Capital One Secured $320 l Fingerhut Store $700 l Kay Jewelers $1200 l Navy Federal Visa Signature $6000

Message 2 of 32
novabama
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! I too had them deleted through BBB. It really depends how many baddies you have. Collection is as collection does, so paid or not doesn't make much of a difference. If you don't have many other collections, one may make a score jump a bit. good luck! report back if you get an increase. They agreed 2 weeks ago almost to delete my TL and it hasn't removed yet. So if you don't mind, post when yours is removed?! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 32
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I, too had to do battle with Asset Acceptance and for years they kept verifying the debt.  However, I followed the advice I read here and filed the online complaint on Sept 10th. I received an email response from BBB with Asset Acceptance agreeing to delete on the 13th and so far I can confirm that Experian deleted on the 17th and Equifax as of yesterday. Still waiting for TransUnion. Smiley LOL

I have two small collections left (totaling under $700) and i hope my score will increase. Asset's was fr $1,900 so my fingers are crossed!

Good luck to you!

Message 4 of 32
sbeasl11
Regular Contributor

I too, followed advice and filed a BBB dispute against AAC on 9/17 & received a letter today stating that they are going to delete the tradeline! Congrats to you and thanks to the great advice from these boards. Will let everyone know how long it takes to come off.

Message 5 of 32
ramjam25
Established Member

I will definitely post when I see mine removed, I printed out the letters too from the BBB so if I don't see them removed within a resonable amount of time I will forward the letters to the CRAs. I only have one other collection on my reports and it should fall off next year sometime I believe and it's a medical collection which my mortgage guy told me they don't really look at as much. It stinks that I will still have the original negative account from capital one (that asset bought) but it doesn't show in my collections part.

Thank you all for the responses this board has been so helpful Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 32
poohda23
New Contributor

I sure would love to know how to get rid of them.  My problem is that they keep reporting 120 days past due every 4 months and it's killng my credit score.  They also show up as an open factoring account.   

Message 7 of 32
novabama
Frequent Contributor

poohda, what are the details? Who was the OC, dofd and if it was a charge off, when was that?

Message 8 of 32
poohda23
New Contributor

the original account was with British Petroleum.  The account was charged off june 2008 and the DOF is 11/07

Message 9 of 32
novabama
Frequent Contributor

sending you a PM

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.