Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Acceptance-Success!

tag
kaymom
Contributor

Asset Acceptance-Success!

Hello Forum,

I just thought I would share the success of Asset Acceptance agreeing to request the removal of its tradeline from my CR. Thanks to BBB and this forum board. I'm doing the happy dance right now.

A Fresh Start
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
aurelie00
Regular Contributor

Re: Asset Acceptance-Success!

Congrats!! 

Did you send them numerous GW letters before involving the BBB? 

I just submitted a BBB claim for another CA, hoping it works!

Starting Score: 524
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 10
_GOPackGO_
Valued Member

Congrats ! I submitted my complaint against them also last week. In Jesus' name I get the same results Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 10
bear812c
Regular Contributor

That's great to hear. Congrats. Can you tell me what your complaint against them consisted of? I'd like to try this route as well.

Message 4 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Dance it up!  Congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 10
kaymom
Contributor

I tried calling them several times requesting them to delete tradeline. I based my complaint upon unethical collection practices.

A Fresh Start
Message 6 of 10
kaymom
Contributor

@_GOPackGO_ wrote:

Congrats ! I submitted my complaint against them also last week. In Jesus' name I get the same results Smiley Happy

In JESUS' name, it's ALREADY DONE!!!

A Fresh Start
Message 7 of 10
kenryn123

Can you please help me? I have a Dell account that was sold to them (Dell no longer has our info). I have disputed w/ Dell & provided a police report for identity theft. I called Asset when I got their letter explained to them and even offered to pay the account if they would delete and they said they never ever delete. How can I go about this? I am willing to pay but I want their assurance first to delete.

Message 8 of 10
Mish0817
Regular Contributor

File complaint with bbb ... Put identity theft as the reason and that this should be deleted based on police reports etc ...they'll delete ..make sure you put in complaint you want item deleted immediately and never old. Do not offer to pay anything as it was identity theft!

Eq 675
TU 681
Ex your guess is as goodas mine!

Nfcu Cash Rewards 15000, Nfcu nRewards Mc 15000, Walmart 600, Target 400, VS 650,Capital one 3750, Us Bank 300, Discover 4500,Citi DP 1500, Chase Freedom 2000. And I'm done...... no more cards just going to tend my garden
Message 9 of 10
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Not quite sure Jesus is having much to do with your credit, but congrats nonetheless.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.