Frequent Contributor
upinflagstaff

Asset Acceptance Validates a different account...

I sent a DV to Asset Acceptance on August 15.

On September 4, 2008 I received what appears to be validation of an old account (out of SOL and CRTP)

I just received another validation for different account with Asset Acceptance. I did not ask for this validation. This letter does not contain the Last Transaction Date line like the first one. 

Has anyone ever had this happen: request a debt to be validated and they send you validation for other debts too? 

Mega Contributor
RobertEG

Re: Asset Acceptance Validates a different account...

Dont respond to it.  It was not subject of your DV, and they might try to use it against you.

Frequent Contributor
upinflagstaff

Into the file it goes. Thanks RobertEG
Moderator Emeritus
fused

Is this other account past your state's SOL and CRTP too? If yes, blow them off!
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (11-08-2014): EQ 818, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1

Frequent Contributor
upinflagstaff

Both are long gone - I DV'd primarly to stop the phone calls which occured regularly up to that point. One is from 1998, the other didn't have a date on the DV response.
Moderator Emeritus
fused

I continue to receive letters from JDBs a few times a year, I just throw them away. They never call me but if they do, I'll send them a FOAD letter knowing I'm past my state's SOL and CRTPs.
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (11-08-2014): EQ 818, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}