cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Acceptance and Others---BIG WIN!!!

tag
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Asset Acceptance and Others---BIG WIN!!!

HI Community,

!!

I'm new to this Forum as of a few days ago and have been obsessed with it every since; staying up 'til wee hours of the morning learning so many great things. Thanks to all of you for sharing. As a result, I've gotten some big (or at least I think so ) wins...here goes:

1) Contacted the BBB regarding Asset Acceptance two days ago. Receive reply today that the tradeline is going to be deleted!! Yay.

2) Went on a app spree over this past weekend (haven't filled out an app for a credit card in over 4-5 years). Had quite a few denials but thx to this site I did a recon with Chase Freedom and got approved. It's a whopping $500 CL but I did another recon with the Executive office today and am awaiting a response for a CLI; haven;t gotten the card yet.

3) Sent off today the Application 12277 for Federal Tax Lien withdrawal so finger's crossed.

So a little history on me. In 2008 had some medical problems so took my eye off the ball with on-time payments and ended up having a few accounts charged off (most retail cards) and two federal tax liens. I've been paying cash for everything these past 4 years which has been fine becaus it's helped me with my spending habits and I have a corporate card for all biz stuff. I have other installment credit but have realized you can't get anywhere without some revolving credit. CASH MAY BE KING; BUT CREDIT IS QUEEN!!!!

Everything that went late or CO'd have been paid (i tried some PDF beforehand but they didn't work so I paid anyway. I wanted to at least honor some aspect of my financial obligations.

This site has helped educate me tremendously. I have had credit monitoring with the Big 3 for years but have only focused the last 6-9 months on getting my score up!. Want a really big mortgage in about a year so trying to get prepared.

Score today are: EQ 650---EX 640----TU 714 (although we know it's not created equal)

Thanks Forum....This site ROCKS!!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Madman94044
Regular Contributor

Re: Asset Acceptance and Others---BIG WIN!!!

Sounds like you're on the right track.

What was the basis of your BBB complaint about Asset Acceptance?

Staring Score:EQ 649 TU 647 EX 644
Current Score: EQ 786 TU 699 EX 746
Goal Score: 800
Wallet: SF Fire CU $5000 CL Chase Freedom 4000 CL, Chase MP $5000, WellsFargo $6000 CL, Amex Gold NPSL, Cap1 CashRewards $2500 CL, Amex BCP $12000 Discover More $1200 CSP 18000
Message 2 of 3
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Re: Asset Acceptance and Others---BIG WIN!!!

They were reporting I accurately and despite my attempts they would not update

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.