Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Acceptance... deleted from TU??

tag
hopeful5
Regular Contributor

Re: Asset Acceptance....

Asset also removed from my DH's TU report this week.  I have been back an dforth with them for about 3 months, DV w/ a bogus response, PFD sent 3 times wiht response letters from them ignoring my request just asking for payment but listing as PAID. 

The last letter from them was for a settlement of 50% and I have been offering a PFD for FULL amount.  Why won't they take my money? 

It is still on EQ and EX, but listed in Account sections not Collections (TU was listed as collection and his last so big score jump 595 to 639) happy with that but scared of what might be going on.

Anyone have any new thoughts

We did it...closed 1-28-10
Message 31 of 37
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Same situation here my friend! Afraid only time can tell. They will likely accept a PFD if its beyond SOL. Otherwise Im yet to come across somebody succeeding in obtaining a PFD with Asset.

There is a chance that it might be a s/w glitch..with TU. Otherwise no clue whatsoever. Asset has not completely stopped dealing with TU. A poster had two Asset accounts and only one got deleted.  Lets just hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Message 32 of 37
palmbeachwife
Regular Contributor

They just updated on my TU account for the remaining AA on my CR. So they are definitely, not gone.

I do know someone who got a PFD from AA. If anyone would like me to PM the contact information that the poster used, let me know.

I have a balance that is too high to do a PFD; otherwise, I'd do it.

1/19/09 EQ 595 TU 508 EX 579 FICO
7/1/09 EQ 659 TU myFICO 654 TU 671 EX 644
10/14/10 EQ 696 EX 710 TU 728 (Wachovia pulled scores)
11/1/10 EQ 705 EX 710 TU 728 (700 Club all around, yayyy!)
07/24/11 TU 735
5/21/12 EQ 704 EX 737 TU 722
Message 33 of 37
hopeful5
Regular Contributor

yes - I would be  very interested in having any additional contact info you have sent PM.  Thank you.  I sent my latest PFD still offering FULL payment about a week ago so waiting to see if I had any luck yet.  It is very tempting to pick up the phone when they call our house phone (about twice a week and leave message requesting call back).  But I know that is not the thing to do, so I will be patient. 
We did it...closed 1-28-10
Message 34 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Asset Acceptance... deleted from TU??

Interesting.  I've been going round and round with them and it's still on my TU as of this morning.   I sent a letter (CMRRx2, to both a PO box and street address) to them stating their violations and gave them a deadline to reply by last Fri or I would report to BBB, AG, FTC.  No reply.  I'm waiting one more week to see if they send anything at all.   SOL is up next month as far as I know.
Message 35 of 37
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@palmbeachwife wrote:
myFICO TU score was 645 as of 5/21 so it's increased to 654 as of today. I applied for a mortgage earlier this month and the mortgage company had me at 671 TU. Pulled myFICO that same day and I was still 645. Anyway, happy for the +9 increase and I hope that they don't reinsert it. Now, if they'll only remove them from EX and EQ. I'll take whatever I can get. I'm grateful.

You DO realize that when your loan officer pulls your 3 reports...You can get those!  That will give you your EX score as well. That's how I got mine in April!

It's not too late, call them & ask them to email it to you.  

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 36 of 37
palmbeachwife
Regular Contributor

Well, AA reinserted the account they removed last month on TU. I guess they are just trying to rattle us. Funny thing is my score did not drop, it improved by 3 points. I don't know if I had some other positives that overshadowed the reinsertion of a "new" collection account from them.

Did they reinsert the account for anyone else?

1/19/09 EQ 595 TU 508 EX 579 FICO
7/1/09 EQ 659 TU myFICO 654 TU 671 EX 644
10/14/10 EQ 696 EX 710 TU 728 (Wachovia pulled scores)
11/1/10 EQ 705 EX 710 TU 728 (700 Club all around, yayyy!)
07/24/11 TU 735
5/21/12 EQ 704 EX 737 TU 722
Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.