Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Acceptance deleted;minimal score chg

tag
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Asset Acceptance deleted;minimal score chg

So I got a big win when the BBB told me Asset Acceptance would be deleted off my CR last Wednesday. On Friday I pulled a new report and the trade line was gone. Saturday pulled another report and only got a 5 pt increase. Could this be real?

I wasn't expecting anything huge but at least 10-15 pTs. Am I being unrealistic?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Asset Acceptance deleted;minimal score chg

Where did the score come from?

How many other major baddies are reporting?

Message 2 of 6
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

The score came from EQ.

I have two federal tax liens I'm trying to get removed; a paid CO from Cap 1; and. CO from Macy's. Two excellent mortgages, excellent auto loan and two new revolving not reporting yet.

Message 3 of 6
Autumnslight
Frequent Contributor

My understanding is that the more negatives you have, the less impact each single one has on it's own. So if you only had one and it was removed, you might get a 40 point (totally making up numbers here) jump, but if you have 10 and one is removed, you might only get a 3 point jump.

Also, if it was from EQ, was it a FAKO, or a true FICO? That makes a difference too, as the effect of the same information can be quite different between the two.

But, that's still great progress. You're one item closer to zero! Keep going!

Scores:
07/29/12: EX FICO (Amex) 684 | EQ MyFICO 631 | TU Walmart 695
Current: EX FICO (MyFICO) 733 | EQ (MyFICO) 683 | TU (Walmart) 745

First Goal: 700+ across the board - Got it on EX & TU!!!
Message 4 of 6
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Thanks. It kinda makes sense. Do u suspect once all negative TLs are gone I wild see a bigger increase?

I subscribe to the 3 CRA for monthly monitoring and got it from the Equifax site so hope it's real. What is a FAKO?

Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Aspireto850 wrote:

What is a FAKO?

A FAKO is any score that isn't a FICO. 99% of the services out there sell or include scores, but they aren't FICO scores. MyFICO obviously has FICO scores. Equifax.com has both FAKO scores and FICO scores. If it doesn't say "FICO" next to the score, then it isn't a FICO. They push their own score called an "Equifax Credit Score". This FAKO doesn't work the same way as FICO and your FICO could easily be many points higher (assuming what you purchased was a FAKO).

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.