Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Acceptance help

tag
movingonup23
Valued Member

Asset Acceptance help

To spare some details this is my last post:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Asset-Acceptance/td-p/2678121

I ended up getting my home mortgage in march and AA put the collection on my report showing paid.

I have since had time to research the account and it was opened by an ex girlfriend back in 2008 without my knowledge.   I don't wish to press charges or try and get my $4000 back because I don't have the time and it will cost just as much to fight the fraud and I'm already out $4000.

I called AA and they won't delete unless I file a police report which seemed dumb to me.  If I file and prove fraud, they have to give me my money back and try to collect from someone else and all I'm asking for to drop the case is to delete the tradeline that is already paid.

Is there any other avenue to get the tradeline deleted without filing a police report?  It seems wrong (to me) for a CA to not report an account for 2 years then as soon as I apply for a mortgage they came out of the woodwork and I didn't the time to prove I didn't owe without messing up my mortgage app.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Asset Acceptance help

@movingonup23 wrote:

To spare some details this is my last post:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Asset-Acceptance/td-p/2678121

I ended up getting my home mortgage in march and AA put the collection on my report showing paid.

I have since had time to research the account and it was opened by an ex girlfriend back in 2008 without my knowledge.   I don't wish to press charges or try and get my $4000 back because I don't have the time and it will cost just as much to fight the fraud and I'm already out $4000.

I called AA and they won't delete unless I file a police report which seemed dumb to me.  If I file and prove fraud, they have to give me my money back and try to collect from someone else and all I'm asking for to drop the case is to delete the tradeline that is already paid.

Is there any other avenue to get the tradeline deleted without filing a police report?  It seems wrong (to me) for a CA to not report an account for 2 years then as soon as I apply for a mortgage they came out of the woodwork and I didn't the time to prove I didn't owe without messing up my mortgage app.

Not that I know of and one should always run a mortgage pre-app well before the real app just for this reason, it will bring the bottom feeders to the table since they know you cant close without settling. Filing the police report and then trying to get your funds back are two different things, since you paid it you have basically acknowledged its yours, the time to get out from under it was before you paid it. ID theft is ID theft no matter who commits it and giving someone a pass just perpetuates it..... GW letters are your only option that I can see.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.