Established Member
lee09

Asset Acceptance

Question for those who have dealt with this company. I filed a complaint to the BBB regarding them reporting as a factoring company and reporting 120 day lates on my husband's credit report. They have replied back twice stating they are reporting correctly. Does anyone have any advise on what I should do at this point? This was for a CC that was charged off by First Premier. We settled with asset.

Shogun

Re: Asset Acceptance

File FTC and State AG.

Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
NoMoBroke

What does this entail are they wrong for noting the account as 120 days past due and as a factoring account?

Starting Score: 552
Current Score: 561
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
chevyman

What they mean by factoring company
Contributor
chevyman

If a debt buyer buys a charge off can the report a delinquency for a date it was in there posession
Senior Contributor
DaBears

lee09 wrote:

Question for those who have dealt with this company. I filed a complaint to the BBB regarding them reporting as a factoring company and reporting 120 day lates on my husband's credit report. They have replied back twice stating they are reporting correctly. Does anyone have any advise on what I should do at this point? This was for a CC that was charged off by First Premier. We settled with asset.

Unfortunately, there is nothing illegal by them listing themselves as a Factoring Company, They are still seen as a collection agency. I would file the complaint if they are listing lates. Where was the CR pull from?

Contributor
chevyman

So a CA cannot report late or delinquent payments
Senior Contributor
DaBears

chevyman wrote:
So a CA cannot report late or delinquent payments

No, a CA cannot report lates.I would pull your credit reports from the CRA's. 3rd party credit reports sometimes have inaccurate info on them.

Contributor
chevyman

I do have the exp one
Contributor
chevyman

What if they are not reporting accurate

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+