cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Acceptance?

tag
ilsandrall

Re: Asset Acceptance?

Artamentous what did you say to the credit bureaus to get them to remove it? I am dealing with them from 08, I paid them and keep trying to goodwill them but no luck. I too am trying to buy a house.
Message 11 of 13
Artamentous

Well like I said it turned out they misreported the date of the collection by 3 years!

We told the people at Experian and they removed it that day like I said, we didn't say anything special, just that they account was fraudulentlyreported and that ASSET ACCEPTANCE has been known to do these things, they were part of a class action lawsuit. This seemed to get experian moving faster. Hope that helps.

If the account is BS which I'm sure many ASSET ACCEPTANCE reports are, they are great liars then I would call the credit breaus and deal with them, don't evne waste your time talking to ASSET ACCEPTANCE, they are scum.

Message 12 of 13
kstmommy
New Contributor

I had the same issue with Asset. Nothing worked, disputing, calling CRA's explaining, DV CMRR, etc. That is, until I finally complained to the BBB, and Asset responded right away and what do you know, they have nothing to substantiate the debt and can't get it from OC, so they deleted.

Personally, I'd DV, wait 30 days, then file a complaint with the BBB. More than likely if you call them out on validating properly, they won't be able to, and they know it. They are SHADY.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.