Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Acceptance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Asset Acceptance

Seems like this CA is gettin really famous...Anyway a quick question...I just received a letter from them saying "we are pleased to welcome you as our customer..." lol yeah ok...This is in regards to a store card I had back in 2003...They are asking for 929 dollars...I checked DOLA on myfico which is Jun of '04...My question is this DOLA correct as opposed to pulling my CR directly from the bureaus...And if it is...Should I wait for the 30 days before I DV?...OR should I DV right away?..Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
JShidell
Frequent Contributor

Re: Asset Acceptance

It looks like Asset Acceptance just purchased a lot of accounts because I to just received the same type of letter from an old store CC from 2004.

I"m not going to DV i'm just going to pay, they are not reporting right now so I want to pay before they report to the bureaus.

I knew Asset Acceptance had this account before I received the letter because I contacted the OC prior to receiving it and they told me Asset just purchased it.

I hope I can pay before they start to report. That would save me one less CA on my reports.

v/r
James
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I figured they bought a whole bunch of account since I'm seeing a lot of questions on Asset on here...Can someone pls tell me if I should DV and is it safe for me to go by the DOLA on my MYFICO or should I pull my CR directly from the Bureaus...As on MYFICO DOLA is Jun '04 which means SOL is about to run out on em...4 yrs on CC here in Nebraska...Help!
Message 3 of 5
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

How much do you REALLY owe them?
How much did you REALLY owe the OC?
Why would you want to pay what you may not really owe?
Are the licsensed to collect in your state?

If your debt was 200 bucks and the CA is asking for 600 bucks what would you rather pay?

Now, I would contact the OC again and see if they can recall it from the CA EVEN THOUGH it was SOLD to them and take care of it from there and be done with it FOREVER!

If your debt was 200 bucks and the CA paid 2 bucks for it and you paid the 600 bucks they are asking for, then you have made them a profit of 598 bucks which adds to the MILLIONS they have reported as earnings for screwing people out of hard earned cash.

A debt is a debt but a CA is a scumbag!

But to legally answer your question WITHOUT being deleted by the mods, I would DV them, it is your LEGAL right to do so.

Message Edited by gdtobefree on 06-21-2008 12:40 AM
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

DOLA =EQ
DOFD= TU, EX

Message Edited by mymy on 06-21-2008 08:41 AM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.