Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset acceptance and Citibank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Asset acceptance and Citibank

Hi all! Need some quick advice as they try to finish my FHA mortgage.

Ive been disputing an asset acceptance trade line they've been reporting since 2009, compounding interest. Just found it in may 2012, and immediately sent DV CM

On the 32nd day, they send form letter verification of a Citibank account that is nowhere on any of my credit reports.  By the 31st day I had already sent a follow up to DV demanding SOL proof, and validation again.  This time they come back with my interest transactions fom 2007, 2008, and 2009... So this should be on my credit if it were legit, as I do All my banking with citibank.  No last date of payment or default, just say they certify it's not out of SOL.  

Call Citibank, have then run my SSN... No proof f that acct number to me. They claim they will send a letter statin as such.  

Where do I go from here for deletion? Bbb? aG? cras? I need this ASAP for my mortgage.  Any help appreciated greatly!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Asset acceptance and Citibank

DVing is allowed by the FDCPA. Per the FDCPA, a CA has forever to respond to a DV, and when they respond they have to provide you the OC name, contact info, balance owed, and judgment copy if sued. They don't have to prove whether or not it's out of SOL (SOL doesn't pertain to reporting anyway). Not every OC reports, nor would you want Citibank to report if true.

If I had that, and I was 100% certain the debt is not mine, then call the police and have a report filed for ID theft.

If it is yours, and you agree with the balance, then send a PFD.

Message 2 of 6
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

I had BBB success with asset acceptance. Since BBB request late Monday ( this week) and got email tonight indicating they were removing TL from CR

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed with bbb and heard nothing after two weeks. Anyone have luck going to the original creditor? Citi says its not mine but has not furnished proof yet. :/

Message 4 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@llecs wrote:

DVing is allowed by the FDCPA. Per the FDCPA, a CA has forever to respond to a DV, and when they respond they have to provide you the OC name, contact info, balance owed, and judgment copy if sued. They don't have to prove whether or not it's out of SOL (SOL doesn't pertain to reporting anyway). Not every OC reports, nor would you want Citibank to report if true.

If I had that, and I was 100% certain the debt is not mine, then call the police and have a report filed for ID theft.

If it is yours, and you agree with the balance, then send a PFD.

+1

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to update everyone - I didn't need to PFD or get a police report - BBB got back to me but it went to my spam folder. They agreed to delete! By 5pm after I accepted their offer to delete, it was gone! Hooray! 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.