Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset acceptance ...need help please

tag
Mish0817
Regular Contributor

Asset acceptance ...need help please

I guys I am very new to this .  I have never received a letter from these people EVER  original creditor is no longer on my report (not even with zero balance saying sold!). 

This asset acceptance called me a few weeks ago (I didn't admit ownership of debt I just said contact me via mail)  and I looked at my reports right after. Can these  people charge 2000+ in fees in a year? I am past sol, the dates are incorrect on here as well ...what do I do ?  Dv to CA  then dispute with DRA after they answer?

excuse typos on iPad 

Thanks Michelle 

My Transunion report states ~ 

Collection agency

Original balance 13079

Current balance  15265

Date assigned march 2011

Original lender beneficial

Account number

Account holder individual

Account descriptions   placed for collection

My equifax says ; 

status nov 12 date

opened march 2011 

date of last activity jan 2009 

account type open account 

account holder individual

industry factoring company

largest past balance 13079

balance 15265

current status 120days past due  

experian states  

date open march 2011

type debt buyer 

credit/ original balance 13079

recent balance 15315

first reported may 2011

date of status june 2011    

Asset Accept
$13,079
$15,265
Mar 25, 2011
01 Beneficial
XXXXX6896
Individual

Eq 675
TU 681
Ex your guess is as goodas mine!

Nfcu Cash Rewards 15000, Nfcu nRewards Mc 15000, Walmart 600, Target 400, VS 650,Capital one 3750, Us Bank 300, Discover 4500,Citi DP 1500, Chase Freedom 2000. And I'm done...... no more cards just going to tend my garden
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Asset acceptance ...need help please

They can charge $2000 in one year provided the org. agreement with the OC allowed for that and/or the default rate in your state allows for that much interest. If ever in doubt (I would be) I would suggest including within a simple DV a sentence asking for a detailed accounting.

The dates really don't matter. Date opened is when the CA bought the account. DOLA can change with anything like a payment or even a dispute. And status is when they updated last. The date that matters is DOFD.

If you are 100% certain you are past SOL, then I would DV. If they verified and I agreed then I'd offer a PFD.

Message 2 of 6
mtrsprt
Frequent Contributor

Ouch..  That is a ton of money owed....  I was in the same situation as you.  Tried everything.  Sheriff was coming to my home twice a year with court summons etc.  The only thing that took care of it was settling and paying 60% of my original $12,500.00 balance.....

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 764 EQ, 766 EX on 02/17/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
Mish0817
Regular Contributor

Yes...ton of $$. Which is why it's od that I've never received any communication on this. It's past the SOL for california so no worries of a summons.  I think it's even od that the OC isn't  on my credit report  either. I'm going to Dv it point out its past sol then dispute wit CRA since dates are wrong, etc  I've just never done any of this  so.....  Any advice on language in dv? 

Eq 675
TU 681

Nfcu Cash Rewards 15000, Nfcu nRewards Mc 15000, Walmart 600, Target 400, VS 650,Capital one 3750, Us Bank 300, Discover 4500,Citi DP 1500, Chase Freedom 2000. And I'm done...... no more cards just going to tend my garden
Message 4 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Mishwatson wrote:

Yes...ton of $$. Which is why it's od that I've never received any communication on this. It's past the SOL for california so no worries of a summons.  I think it's even od that the OC isn't  on my credit report  either. I'm going to Dv it point out its past sol then dispute wit CRA since dates are wrong, etc  I've just never done any of this  so.....  Any advice on language in dv? 

The OC doesn't have to report, nor would you want them to. They would report as a paid CO which could hurt. It's not uncommon for the OC to delete early or not even report after they sell the debt.

I'd DV. Just use the simple ones within these forums. Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

I wouldn't point out SOL. Even if past SOL they can report.

As pointed out, the dates could be right. I wouldn't dispute. Wait for the DV response, if any.

When is the DOFD?

Message 5 of 6
Mish0817
Regular Contributor

I believe the Dofd was either 2007 beginning 2008 , I will DV 

thanks 

Eq 675
TU 681

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.