Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset acceptance, oh my!

tag
fancypants7
Valued Member

Asset acceptance, oh my!

I have an almost 7-year-old debt with asset acceptance. It will fall off my report in October. I have done everything I can think of to get them to PFD. I've sent letters, Emailed the CEO (who replied and had someone else talk to me), that person just sent my cut and paste corespondence of "we report accurate....yada, yada, yada". I've been doing all this for a couple of months of letters and emails and keep hitting a brick wall. I sent them a DV to which they replied. I can't think of anything else to get them to PFD. It's a very small amount so I'm debating now if I should just pay or let it fall off. I would like it gone now, but the fact that they won't work with me at all on deleting a collection a couple of months early coupled wirh the fact that they report this collection every two months to the CRA's but won't talk to me, kinda makes me angry and since it will fall off soon I fell like telling them to suck it. (Sorry for that long run-on sentence, but that is just how fired up they get me).

Anyway, is there anything anyone else can think of that I haven't? The OCD part of me just wants it off my report, but I own my home and car and have no real need other than my own gratification to get it off now....And my fear that they might try to redate it. Maybe I should just settle for a fraction of the total or try to PIF and then good will (although, a GW seems doubtful)? Or just let it fall off in a couple of months?

Thanks in advance for any advice. They are my last collection and I'd like to see a clean report.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Asset acceptance, oh my!

Message 2 of 6
fancypants7
Valued Member

Yes, they update every two weeks and started before I even started contacting them to try to pay it. I was trying to negotiate via email with someone the CEO referred to me but her replies were all cut and paste. I don't even think she was reading what I wrote.
Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Since they update regularly paying it should not impact your score.  But since it is about to be excluded from your CR I would wait and pay them once it is gone.

Message 4 of 6
fancypants7
Valued Member

What would be the difference between paying them now and when it falls off?also, besides moral reasons is there another reason I should pay them after it falls off? Sorry if these are naive questions, I'm still learning.
Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

One, is though it should not hurt your score, YMMV.  I have seen where posters score have gone up and others down after paying a collection.  The only time you should see your score drop is if they haven't updated in awhile.  But you really can never tell.

Second,  debt never goes away.  Even after excluded from your CR it still exists.  If you were to apply for a mortgage you would have to disclose unpaid debt.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.