Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset

tag
TraumaDrea
Valued Member

Asset

Not sure if I am posting in the right spot.

I applies for a mortgage and was told yesterday that when I get approved it will be conditional on my paying/settling with Asset Acceptance BEFORE closing.  I did not DV or PFD them because I was told to wait until after I got approval.  Owen acting on behalf of Asset recently offered me a settlement at 1/2 which I may have to take because I need to meet the condition.  My objection is the bottom feeders haev changed the date of the debt and added payments that were not made to keep account with in SOL.;  I can not fight it now I have to get loan  and close on house.  I guess I am stuck right? 
Traumajunkie "I am not saying I want you to get hurt, I just want to be there when you do! "
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Asset

Have you found a house yet? If not, you've still got time. Time to do what, I'm not sure. The experts would have to help with that.

I got pre-approved for a loan about 3 months ago, but am still trying to find a house that doesn't sell before I get to it or get outbid on!

Message 2 of 7
TraumaDrea
Valued Member

Found house made offer/ offer accepted, money put down on house closing set for July.  EEK
Traumajunkie "I am not saying I want you to get hurt, I just want to be there when you do! "
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOL... Not in the legal way... Sorry!
Message 4 of 7
TraumaDrea
Valued Member

Guess I will suck it up after my approval and ask them for a PFD.
Message 5 of 7
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Do you not have any old copies of you CR's proving they changed dates? How much is the debt? Can the Mortgage company not wait?  If you have the money to PFD why not just DV them in hopes they can not validate, do you believe this debt is yours?
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 6 of 7
TraumaDrea
Valued Member

@Schoolbuskid wrote:
Do you not have any old copies of you CR's proving they changed dates? How much is the debt? Can the Mortgage company not wait? If you have the money to PFD why not just DV them in hopes they can not validate, do you believe this debt is yours?

i do not have copies of old CR's I did but can not find them now. I would DV them but the broker says not to do anything with them until I get the approval. Asset also knows I am looking for a mortgage...the look at my credit way too often. And have sent me a letter to that affect. Unfortunately to a PO Box I never use anymore The debt says it is 3200+ It is not that much, I believe I owe a balance to Gateway not Asset. I do not have the money to PFD I will work my rear off to get the money so I can get the mortgage as it is important to my kids that we get a house and out of the scummy schools they are in. (it comes down to mortgage and moving (not many rentals were we are moving too) or renting and private school.) The mortgage company will not wait so I have become the OT queen and working as many hours as I can with out my boss questioning what I am doing it for.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.