Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assistance/Advice Sherman Originator/LVNV/Resurgent

tag
lmrites
New Contributor

Assistance/Advice Sherman Originator/LVNV/Resurgent

So I'm currently in a lovely battle with Sherman Originator/Resurgent/LVNV to have them remove negative reporting.  I had an account with CapOne that was sold to them and I paid in full 20 July 2011.  I spoke with a gentleman, whose name & direct contact phone number I saved (yet conveniently that number no longer works), who told me once paid I would be able to have it removed.  Everyone I have spoken to at Resurgent said they do not remove the information.  They are reporting as legally paid in full for less than the full balance (ex) at least 120 days late or more than four payments past due (eq) and payment after charge off/collection (tu) MEANWHILE, the letter I have from them on COMPANY letterhead states "This letter will verify that the above referenced account was settled in full on 07-20-2011. 

What should I do??

-Lex

Starting Score: 594
Current Score: 627 EX 680 TU 672 EQ
Goal Score: 650...now 700!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Assistance/Advice Sherman Originator/LVNV/Resurgent

@lmrites wrote:

So I'm currently in a lovely battle with Sherman Originator/Resurgent/LVNV to have them remove negative reporting.  I had an account with CapOne that was sold to them and I paid in full 20 July 2011.  I spoke with a gentleman, whose name & direct contact phone number I saved (yet conveniently that number no longer works), who told me once paid I would be able to have it removed.  Everyone I have spoken to at Resurgent said they do not remove the information.  They are reporting as legally paid in full for less than the full balance (ex) at least 120 days late or more than four payments past due (eq) and payment after charge off/collection (tu) MEANWHILE, the letter I have from them on COMPANY letterhead states "This letter will verify that the above referenced account was settled in full on 07-20-2011. 

What should I do??

-Lex

Settled in full is the same thing as paid in full for less than full balance.

Message 2 of 9
lmrites
New Contributor

So is is going to be impossible to have this taken off?

Message 3 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Have you sent GW letters?  If those failed and they promised to remove the TL, you could try the BBB complaint route citing poor business practices.  Promising to do something then not following through.

Message 4 of 9
lmrites
New Contributor

I will attempt a GW letter or 5....and then how do I go about the BBB process??

Message 5 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Go to the BBB website.  If I remember correctly, they will direct you to the correct BBB for the company you want to file a complaint about.  Then you do it online.

Message 6 of 9
lmrites
New Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

Go to the BBB website.  If I remember correctly, they will direct you to the correct BBB for the company you want to file a complaint about.  Then you do it online.

Guiness, once again....you are my hero!!

Message 7 of 9
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@lmrites wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

Guiness, once again....you are my hero!!

I have sent you a PM with my steps to handling LVNV -- Althought keep in mind its over a year old now, but I the BBB steps are the same Smiley Happy

And at one point in time, Guiness has been each of our hero haha

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 8 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.