cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Associated Bank -- Need help

tag
0nortled

Associated Bank -- Need help

I need some help with Associated Bank.  I opened a construction loan with them in July and had an issue with last month's payment.  During the construction process, the loan is interest only.  The first month (August) I paid a certain amount and at the beginning of the second month, I paid the same amount.  But there was a draw of funds in August that caused the payment amount to increase.  I received a notice of underpayment late in the month; the letter was generated on the 17th but I did not receive it until a week later because our mail is being forwarded from the construction address to a rental. I called in to rectify the situation (and I also updated my mailing address) but I apparently gave the wrong account number and the transaction did not go through.  Yesterday, I receive a letter stating that my account is 32 days past due.  I called and set up a payment with the correct amount but they say that they've reported me 30 days delinquent to the credit agencies.  I spoke with a collections supervisor and he said that they only withdraw the report if there was an error on their part. I have filed a formal complaint but I don't know if that will yield any results.  

I really don't know what to do.  I haven't had a late payment in over 3 years and 30 days late on a mortgage is bad :-(.  I can provide evidence that my bank account had way more than enough cover the transaction for several weeks.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  At this point I am open to anything.  Having a new late payment on my credit report would be catastrophic for me and ruin all of the hard work that I have put in restoring my credit.

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Associated_Bank
New Visitor

Re: Associated Bank -- Need help

We would be happy to assist you! Please give our We Care team a call at 800-685-6895 so we can gather some details about your situation. ^WV

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.