Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At&t Office of The President

tag
Sassy_Taurus
Frequent Contributor

At&t Office of The President

So I had a collection hit my credit reports on 8/22 from Franklin and a few days later a 2nd one from Enhanced Recovery. Both are for AT&T and I've never had their service. I filed disputes with all 3 bureaus and than contacted the office of the president. After a day of investigating it was determined that one account was an error and the 2nd one my sister used my name. They said they would zero out the error account and I paid the one that my sister used in my name and they agreed to pull it from collections. I will go after my sister to recoup the money that I paid out. So I guess I just have to wait until the accounts get removed and hopefully I gain back the points that I lost when the accounts reported.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: At&t Office of The President

@Sassy_Taurus wrote:
So I had a collection hit my credit reports on 8/22 from Franklin and a few days later a 2nd one from Enhanced Recovery. Both are for AT&T and I've never had their service. I filed disputes with all 3 bureaus and than contacted the office of the president. After a day of investigating it was determined that one account was an error and the 2nd one my sister used my name. They said they would zero out the error account and I paid the one that my sister used in my name and they agreed to pull it from collections. I will go after my sister to recoup the money that I paid out. So I guess I just have to wait until the accounts get removed and hopefully I gain back the points that I lost when the accounts reported.

Congratulations!

I have good luck resolving a collection by going back to ATT directly, arguing my case and having them pull the collection back.  They do it all the time.

Some people on this site will advise that you have to deal with the collection agent and that ATT can't help you and they have no authority, etc., etc.  Well on some of these points (the legal authority one), they may be correct, but don't fall sucker to this thinking.  You can resolve ATT debts and get them removed from your reports.  If ATT says it will be done, it will be done.  

Go to ATT to resolve collections.  Do not resolve them with collectiona agents.

Message 2 of 5
Sassy_Taurus
Frequent Contributor

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

@Sassy_Taurus wrote:

Congratulations!

I have good luck resolving a collection by going back to ATT directly, arguing my case and having them pull the collection back.  They do it all the time.

Some people on this site will advise that you have to deal with the collection agent and that ATT can't help you and they have no authority, etc., etc.  Well on some of these points (the legal authority one), they may be correct, but don't fall sucker to this thinking.  You can resolve ATT debts and get them removed from your reports.  If ATT says it will be done, it will be done.  

Go to ATT to resolve collections.  Do not resolve them with collectiona agents.

Thank you. How long did it take for them to remove your collection. I called Enhanced Recovery and they said that the request has already been submitted the CRA.

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you are willing to put your assertion that you have never had an account/debt with AT&T into a sworn police report, you can immediately get any reporting of informtion blocked from your credit report under the identitty theft provisions of FCRA 605B.

No discussion or concurrence by AT&T or any debt collector is required.

You can then additionally send a copy of the police report to AT&T and demand all business records in their possession related to the alleged debt.

FCRA 609(e).  You can also send a copy of the police report to any debt collector, requirng them to provide information in their pssession.

A block under FCRA 605B will also prevent any sale of the asserted debt.

Message 4 of 5
Sassy_Taurus
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for that information Robert. My sister swore that was the only time she's used my name. So as long as she pays me the money back I won't send her to jail. If a 2nd account pops up than I just might have to reconsider filing because this is messing up my dream of home ownership.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.