Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At wits End - Midland Help Needed

tag
cflowers0115
Regular Contributor

At wits End - Midland Help Needed

Hi All.. if you've been following my credit rebuild journey you know that the last thing I needed was Midland.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/My-Credit-Repair-Journal-Help-always-welcome/...

That's my credit rebuild journey.

Basically, only on equifax, Midland is listing as a "factoring company" and has posted 3 120 day lates. They updated this today showing the account as "120+ Day Late" for an account status despite me paying them on 1/25 to close these out. I decided I would goodwill them and after 3 separate attempts, I've received not a single response.

I called the credit Bureau and was told "Midland is the one you need to talk to".

I call Midland and they refuse to acknowledge that they're reporting 120+ Day lates. I ask to speak to somebody in Consumer Affairs.. I'm put on hold and they come back and state I need to call back in an hour, that they're all at a meeting.

I tried to go the BBB route, but was redirected from Ohio BBB to CA BBB where when I put down that it was a debt collection issue their pop up says to contact Small Claims Court in CA..

I have no clue what to do. My score just climbed 135 points in Jan and fell 67 points whem they reported this. I've worked so hard to get this corrected, I've scoured the boards.. and I'm at a loss on where to go now..

This was so dejecting to see it appear.. only on EQ, btw.

Helllpppp!

Starting Scores: 8/13/18: EQ: 556 TU: 521 EX: 544
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Re: At wits End - Midland Help Needed

Is this your debt?  Did you send a DV?

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 2 of 15
cflowers0115
Regular Contributor

It is.. and it's paid as well.

Message 3 of 15
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

If it's a valid debt, but the issue is they are reporting lates (which a CA cannot do), send them a direct dispute with copies of your CR's.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 4 of 15
cflowers0115
Regular Contributor

How would you phrase it? If you don't mind me asking.

EDIT: OHHH.. another thing.. i talked to Equifax and they informed me that myfico credit pulls are a 3rd party and that I would be subject to them being treated as a hard pull?

Been a bizarre day to say the least.

Message 5 of 15
cflowers0115
Regular Contributor

Also, can ANYBODY please PM me higher up email addresses at Midland?

Message 6 of 15
cflowers0115
Regular Contributor

Talked to Midland, they said that Equifax often has difficulty converting the data they send and stated they did not report 120's. Equifax claims they did. The both differed to each other and Equifax claims they'll correct this via dispute and Midland claims they'd correct it via updating their payment history with Equifax. Midland claimed they would submit request within 72 hours and haven't even updated Equifax since Jan 25th.

About to throw my hands in the air, this whole rebuilding was going so well w/ the 135 pt increase this month, this is super demoralizing. Second time they've changed the status, it dropped off a month ago and now it's back..

Message 7 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@cflowers0115 wrote:

How would you phrase it? If you don't mind me asking.

EDIT: OHHH.. another thing.. i talked to Equifax and they informed me that myfico credit pulls are a 3rd party and that I would be subject to them being treated as a hard pull?

Been a bizarre day to say the least.

No.  Any time you pull your own report, no matter if it is through a monitoring service, it is a SP.

Message 8 of 15
sharriel
Frequent Contributor

@cflowers0115 wrote:

Hi All.. if you've been following my credit rebuild journey you know that the last thing I needed was Midland.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/My-Credit-Repair-Journal-Help-always-welcome/...

That's my credit rebuild journey.

Basically, only on equifax, Midland is listing as a "factoring company" and has posted 3 120 day lates. They updated this today showing the account as "120+ Day Late" for an account status despite me paying them on 1/25 to close these out. I decided I would goodwill them and after 3 separate attempts, I've received not a single response.

I called the credit Bureau and was told "Midland is the one you need to talk to".

I call Midland and they refuse to acknowledge that they're reporting 120+ Day lates. I ask to speak to somebody in Consumer Affairs.. I'm put on hold and they come back and state I need to call back in an hour, that they're all at a meeting.

I tried to go the BBB route, but was redirected from Ohio BBB to CA BBB where when I put down that it was a debt collection issue their pop up says to contact Small Claims Court in CA..

I have no clue what to do. My score just climbed 135 points in Jan and fell 67 points whem they reported this. I've worked so hard to get this corrected, I've scoured the boards.. and I'm at a loss on where to go now..

This was so dejecting to see it appear.. only on EQ, btw.

Helllpppp!

The SAME thing was happening to me!! I filed a claim with the San Diego BBB where Midland is located.  I filed with them LAST week, today I got an update and Midland was DELETED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/16/13 Starting FICOEQ: 521 FICOTU: 536 FICOEX: 571
5/13/14 Current FICOEQ: 668 FICOTU: 690 FICOEX: 673
Message 9 of 15
cflowers0115
Regular Contributor

How did you file it? When i went there it said Debt Collections were outside of their jurisdiction and to contact the local courts. What options did you choose?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.