Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempting to Consolidate Debt and Rebuild my Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Attempting to Consolidate Debt and Rebuild my Credit

Hello all,

I am new here to the forums however, i am not new to myFICO. I have been trying to find a loan consolidation program to rebuild my credit rating because of some credit problems i have run into however, i have applied to many places including offers found here on myFico but to no avail. There is one site that i found but have not applied (yet) because i am not fimular with them and thought i would ask around here in the forum, if anyone else has experience with them? Link removed as it is an invalid url.

Any advise the community can give would be great. My credit score literally went from great to being in the dumps overnight all because i was away from home helping with emergencies missions (for work) and unable to make my payments at that moment. Upon my arrival back home i tried to access my accounts and was completely unable to and was advised by the credititor that, the only optioin i had was to pay my accounts off in full. They were very unwilling to discuss any other form of payment options. I told them i could make payments but was unable to pay off both accounts at that moment. I will add that it was Discover Card that did this to me so be very careful of them if you run into a situation that may cause you to have delayed payments. My life has been turned upside down because of them.

Any advise on steps i can take to rebuild my credit rating would be great.

Thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Attempting to Consolidate Debt and Rebuild my Credit

@Anonymous

Welcome to MyFICO

I'm sure other posters will come along to assist you but the link you posted is invalid so for now, I am going to delete it.  You're free to add it back if you have a correct one.  Good luck in your efforts.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Attempting to Consolidate Debt and Rebuild my Credit

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all,

I am new here to the forums however, i am not new to myFICO. I have been trying to find a loan consolidation program to rebuild my credit rating because of some credit problems i have run into however, i have applied to many places including offers found here on myFico but to no avail. There is one site that i found but have not applied (yet) because i am not fimular with them and thought i would ask around here in the forum, if anyone else has experience with them? Link removed as it is an invalid url.

Any advise the community can give would be great. My credit score literally went from great to being in the dumps overnight all because i was away from home helping with emergencies missions (for work) and unable to make my payments at that moment. Upon my arrival back home i tried to access my accounts and was completely unable to and was advised by the credititor that, the only optioin i had was to pay my accounts off in full. They were very unwilling to discuss any other form of payment options. I told them i could make payments but was unable to pay off both accounts at that moment. I will add that it was Discover Card that did this to me so be very careful of them if you run into a situation that may cause you to have delayed payments. My life has been turned upside down because of them.

Any advise on steps i can take to rebuild my credit rating would be great.

Thank you in advance

The problem with consolidation loans is that the good (even decent) ones are hard to get once your credit is already stressed. (And this is when people usually go looking for them.) Most often one will need to budget their way out of this situation and throw as much money as possible at the debts where they sit currently. 

You will find lots of help here but everyone will need some more info. Income, bills, expenses, loans, credit cards, collections, credit scores, etc. 

Has the Discover card been charged off and/or sent to collections yet?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.