Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempting to GW Sallie mae, please proofread

tag
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Attempting to GW Sallie mae, please proofread

@Whitneyy wrote:

When I called about my rehabbed loan still reporting, I was told to dispute it and they would take it off. I just did it yesterday, and it said to take up to 30 days, so I'll see what happens.

Let me know what happens for you though.

Only thing good for me is that the new lender is now reporting paid on time because I AM paying on time. I also saw where Sallie Mae paid and closed my loans too but I'm assuming that's because they were paid off by my new lender.

Came back verified, so I called Sallie mae and asked about them fixing it and the CSR said she would get back to me and have my reports updated. I hope to see something good.

What part I am NOT getting is how Sallie mae put two new positive tradelines on my credit report after my rehab and then they were CLOSED because I conslidated and showed as paid never late. With the same exact account number as the inital two loans.. is that legal?

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 21 of 25
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

UPDATE!!!!!!!!! 

Well, my equifax credit report shows updated and fixed. I am beyond estatic. I didn't even have to send off the letter, I think I'm about to cry. Never shows late, EVER EVER EVER. But it is, however closed, I wonder does this count against me cause it closed. Either way, I'm SO happy! I need a score update! LOL but I'll wait.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 22 of 25
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Whitneyy wrote:

UPDATE!!!!!!!!! 

Well, my equifax credit report shows updated and fixed. I am beyond estatic. I didn't even have to send off the letter, I think I'm about to cry. Never shows late, EVER EVER EVER. But it is, however closed, I wonder does this count against me cause it closed. Either way, I'm SO happy! I need a score update! LOL but I'll wait.

That's great news Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 23 of 25
sup3rpat
Valued Member

Awesome! Congrats!

Starting Score: EX FAKO 566 EQ 552 TU 568 (07/2010)
Current Score: EX 826 EQ 826 TU 826 (10/2020)
Goal Score: 800 Club 2020!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 24 of 25
mspoezy
Established Member

Can you PM me where you sent your letter. Thank you.

Current scores TU: 645 (6 CO, a lot of lates, 1 inquiry) EX : 647 (4 CO, a lot of lates 3 inquiries) EQ: 641 (4 CO, a lot of lates no inquiries)
Goal: no baddies by Jan 31, 2024
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.