cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempting to rebuild... wish me luck!

tag
stargazer25
Regular Contributor

Re: Attempting to rebuild... wish me luck!

So I would check here on the forums to see which CA are willing to do a PFD and if you can afford them get those out first. Or if the orignal hospital/doctor is willing to recall the debt from the CA in exchange for full payment. The next set would be anyting that is reporting/updating monthy. That will hinder your credit score. Finally, there are some that are getting close to 7 years that I would wait till you are 6 months prior and start requesting EE from the CRA's. Unfortunately 2013 is too late for anything like the NCAP to be in affect. 

Check your DOS, I've used that as my DOFD to fight negatives. 

Starting Scores: September 2015 minus 500 across the board
Current Scores: October 2017 EQ: 715 TU: 710 EX: 716
In My Wallet:
Cap1 QS: $4.8K - AMEX BCP: $4.2K - Old Navy Visa: $7K - Nordstrom $3.8K - VS $500 (FTW!)
BofA AU: $12K AMEX AU: $25K
Business: AMEX BCP $15K
Message 11 of 13
stargazer25
Regular Contributor

Also, keep the secure lender line. I just reread what you said about the car installment loan.

My start score was 485 so you are in a better place than I was. BofA secured denied me too. My first credit line was Fingerhut. Necessary evil. served its purpsose, good for rebuilders.I would all try the SCT since those are only SP's. From what I remember Overstock gives big SL so your overall UTIL will be low. If you have some money to throw around once you qualify for a secured especially one that can graduate to unsecured (i.e. Discover) put a big deposit down to keep your UTIL down and use it for everyting as long as you PIF before the statment close date. I have reminders set up on my calendar just in case I forget and to not use my card between the due date and close date. 

Don't go app happy on the SCT either. Just sayin'.

Starting Scores: September 2015 minus 500 across the board
Current Scores: October 2017 EQ: 715 TU: 710 EX: 716
In My Wallet:
Cap1 QS: $4.8K - AMEX BCP: $4.2K - Old Navy Visa: $7K - Nordstrom $3.8K - VS $500 (FTW!)
BofA AU: $12K AMEX AU: $25K
Business: AMEX BCP $15K
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't had any luck at all with sct, kinda gave up actually. No pop ups at all.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.