cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User Question

tag
stephylyn12

Authorized User Question

Im sorry if this in the wrong place so mods feel free to move to the correct section if it is.

I have absolutely no credit with a couple collections on my reports so Im trying to build credit. My husband just has plain old bad credit and is trying to rebuild. I was denied a Capital One secured card but got approved for a SDFCU account and will be applying for their secured card here soon. My husband got denied for SDFCU account due to something on his Chexsystems report but got approved for a Capital One secured card. My question is.....is it possible to add each other as authorized users on a secured card or is that on unsecured cards only? We just figure 2 revolving account timelines are better than 1 and we dont have to worry about another HP on either account (mainly his) just to possibly get denied.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Re: Authorized User Question

You are correct...2 is better than one and utll definitely help. I can't answer the AU secured card question but I would guess you could add an AU if you so desired. Good Luck
Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I was AU on secured Cap-1 years ago.

Message 3 of 4
stephylyn12

Thank you for the responses. Hopefully I get our Wells Fargo account linked with the SDFCU account any day now so I can finish deposting the rest of the money into it to apply for the secured card and get this ball rolling.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.