Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User Removal Unsuccessful

tag
sultan33g
Contributor

Authorized User Removal Unsuccessful

hey guys,

I made a huge mistake once I started my journey in January of getting my credit scores up. I added myself to an authorized user account with a really bad utilization percentage. I realized my error and removed myself. I went ahead and disputed this accounts with all three of the credit reporting agencies.

I had success with Experian and Transunion however Equifax won't budge. It keeps coming back verified eventhough the account hasnt updated any balance information since February and there have been payments to reduce the utilization error.

How do I go about getting equifax to remove this? I am starting to get frustrated. I have disputed this online and over the phone..

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

01/14/2015 Scores: EQ: 646 TU:667 EX: 663
03/23/15 Scores: EQ: 716 TU: 778 EX: 721

Goal Scores: 750

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Re: Authorized User Removal Unsuccessful

Call the company number on the card you have and remove yourself as an AU?

Or did you do that you are saying and its not updating to the CRs?

Message 2 of 9
sultan33g
Contributor

@japakar wrote:

Yes I did that first before I disputed anything.

Just equifax wont correct it and it is also not updating because obviously Im no longer an authorized user and BOA isnt updating it for me.

Message 3 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@sultan33g wrote:

@japakar wrote:

Yes I did that first before I disputed anything.

Just equifax wont correct it and it is also not updating because obviously Im no longer an authorized user and BOA isnt updating it for me.

File a CFPB complaint on any CRA that is refusing to remove it, an AU is not responsible for repayment of the account.

http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

Message 4 of 9
sultan33g
Contributor

Went ahead and did that.

Thanks!!

Message 5 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Did the creditor notify the CRA of the change in status of the AU as having been terminated, or request deletion of the reporting?

It is not an inaccuracy for an account of another to appear in your credit report as an AU.

You consented to it.  An AU account is, by definition, not yours and you are not responsible for the debt.

However, that is not basis for filing a dispute asserting error in it being in your credti report.  That is what the strange but acceptable AU process permits.

The reporting credtior should terminate or delete.  The CRA is not required to delete simply because of an "account not mine" dispute.

Message 6 of 9
sultan33g
Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Did the creditor notify the CRA of the change in status of the AU as having been terminated, or request deletion of the reporting?

It is not an inaccuracy for an account of another to appear in your credit report as an AU.

You consented to it.  An AU account is, by definition, not yours and you are not responsible for the debt.

However, that is not basis for filing a dispute asserting error in it being in your credti report.  That is what the strange but acceptable AU process permits.

The reporting credtior should terminate or delete.  The CRA is not required to delete simply because of an "account not mine" dispute.

Im not sure to be honest. Is there a specific BOA dept I should be talking to about this?

Message 7 of 9
kugel
Valued Contributor

I had any success removing it ??
Message 8 of 9
kugel
Valued Contributor

U had meant ?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.