Frequent Contributor
MamboItaliano

Authorized User Worked ... sort of.

So my AAOA is around 3 years and 10 months. My wife had an account that was over 10 years old with a perfect payment history ... small credit card, but the age is there.

So I get a Credit Alert from MyFico just a week or so ago for myself.

It's an alert that this account's balance has gone up to $25 (it was at $0 before). 

Ok, so this means it is now on my credit. Buuuuut ... no score change. 

I'm a little shocked considering. Any insight? Will it take a little while to reflect positively or did I simply get fooled into thinking this would help? As of March, I will have no lates on my credit within the last 2 years and the only lates I do have are 2 - 30's from Jan. 2010 and 2-60's from Feb. 2010.

I would think the new account would do SOMETHING ... even if only a little. 

Re-entered the garden on 9/16/2013.

Starting Score: (TU) 517 (EQ) 469 (EX) 519 (6/1/2010)
Current Score: (TU98) 714 (TU04) 712 (EQ Beacon 5.0) 672 (EX -FICO v2) 724 (6/13/13)
Goal Score: 700 Club for all 3 (2 out of 3 so far)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Authorized User Worked ... sort of.

[ Edited ]

Were you up to date on your target score setting?

ETA...the score should have updated anyway if it changed as a result to this added TL. As far as I see it, this new account would have only impacted length of history/AAoA and util. I'm guessing your mix is fine. If util didn't change and/or util isn't listed as a negative reason within your EQ FICO report, then you probably wouldn't see a change. Did AAoA change any?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+