Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User on CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized User on CC

So a couple years back, when my wife and I first got married, she got a few credit cards and I was an authorized user on them. Due to some financial hardships at the time, they ended up being charged off and both of our scores took a major hit. Fast forward a bit, we're trying to rebuild our credit and I'm wondering how to go about getting those off my credit reports. I did a bit of research and it looks like I'm not legally obligated to pay the debt since I was an AU and we didn't actually share the accounts? When I did a google search, from what I understood, experian may remove said accounts from my report. I'm just not sure how to go about getting it done. Do I need to do disputes with the actual CRA's or with the creditor's / CA's themselves and how should I word the letters? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Authorized User on CC

You can dispute the accounts. There is an option to choose 'not liable for this' or something similar. Hubby's came off all 3 reports within a week
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot! And that's straight through the cra's right? Not the card companies themselves..
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thru the CRA's. I had already called Cap1 and got him removed, but his reports weren't updating that.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, thanks again.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.