cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User on a Closed, Charge Off Account—help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized User on a Closed, Charge Off Account—help!

My mom had a credit card with Sears from 94-2014. I was added as an authorized user in college to have in case of emergencies.

Eventually due to the recession and life circumstances, my mom fell behind on payments and the account was closed. It is listed on my Equifax as closed, charge off, and account paid for less than full balance. 

It says payment history is 31% on time, but all I am is an AU on this account.

Is it worth getting this removed from my Equifax? Does it matter? Will it help my score if it is removed? How do I even remove it?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE. 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Authorized User on a Closed, Charge Off Account—help!

@Anonymous wrote:

My mom had a credit card with Sears from 94-2014. I was added as an authorized user in college to have in case of emergencies.

Eventually due to the recession and life circumstances, my mom fell behind on payments and the account was closed. It is listed on my Equifax as closed, charge off, and account paid for less than full balance. 

It says payment history is 31% on time, but all I am is an AU on this account.

Is it worth getting this removed from my Equifax? Does it matter? Will it help my score if it is removed? How do I even remove it?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE. 

Yes, get yourself removed.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Authorized User on a Closed, Charge Off Account—help!

Thank you! I was able to call and get myself removed. I didn't realize how easy it was! 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.