Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User "advantage" going away?

tag
earon_williams
Established Member

Authorized User "advantage" going away?

Good morning/afternoon everyone!

So I just got off the phone with a "credit counsel" professional. She stated that any credit cards with authorized users will have those authorized users removed by September 1st, meaning anyone who is a AU will LOOSE their utlization, account and credit limit on all 3 CRA's. 

Does anyone know about this?

Thank you!

Starting Scores (8/2012) - EX 558 | EQ 498 | TU 544

Current Scores (9/2016) - EX08: 714 | EQ08: 701 | TU08: 729

Score Goals by 12/2016: EX08: 720's | EQ08: 710's | TU08: 730's
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Authorized User "advantage" going away?

First I've heard of it - but I'm not a fan of the whole AU thing anyway.

Message 2 of 7
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Pick up your feet.......

Message 3 of 7
earon_williams
Established Member

I highly agree, the only reason why I personally am an AU on my wifes account is to rebuild my credit. Once I get at a good place in my journey, I'll remove myself ASAP. This professional also recommended that I use Privacy Guard for accurate credit scores, which sounds fishy because they use CreditXperts instead of FICO. In fact she bashed myFICO and the FICO scores I provided to her saying that NONE of it is accurate. I did my research and dug through and assured her that it was accurat but to be frank, she was a **bleep** about it....

Starting Scores (8/2012) - EX 558 | EQ 498 | TU 544

Current Scores (9/2016) - EX08: 714 | EQ08: 701 | TU08: 729

Score Goals by 12/2016: EX08: 720's | EQ08: 710's | TU08: 730's
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@earon_williams wrote:

I highly agree, the only reason why I personally am an AU on my wifes account is to rebuild my credit. Once I get at a good place in my journey, I'll remove myself ASAP. This professional also recommended that I use Privacy Guard for accurate credit scores, which sounds fishy because they use CreditXperts instead of FICO. In fact she bashed myFICO and the FICO scores I provided to her saying that NONE of it is accurate. I did my research and dug through and assured her that it was accurat but to be frank, she was a **bleep** about it....

Probably gets a kickback from Privacy Guard....

Message 5 of 7
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Didn't even know this kinda score/ report exists. Doesn't anyone even use this?
Message 6 of 7
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Sounds as if this woman does not have your best interests in mind. The only thing I could gather from a quick Google search was that beginning sept 2016 all new AU accounts must list the users DOB. 

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.