Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized User

Looking for some much needed help.  I am in the process of rebuilding my credit from the ruins.  My wife lost her job 7 months ago and has been unemployed since then.  We are looking into claiming backruptcy in her name only as our mortgage is in her name only and she has approx 20,000 in credit card debt that we are unable to pay (she will be most likely foreclosing on the house as well). Since I am not on the mortgage we are trying to salvage my credit in an attempt to keep at least one of us with good credit.   After running my credit report yesterday I noted that I am listed as an AU on one of her cards that is 120 days late and will be included in her bankruptcy.  I have just paid off 5,000 in credit cards in my name and need my name removed completely from this account.  I already have one charge off from 6 years ago that is close to being removed and cannot afford to have another one.  What are my chances of having this removed even after the account has been closed by creditor?  If so how can I effectivley file a dispute with the CRA's?  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Authorized User

just dispute it as it is not your account. they will remove it.

Last app 1/2/2017.
In the garden until at least 6/2/2017.
Message 2 of 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Authorized User

@jdxprs1 wrote:

just dispute it as it is not your account. they will remove it.

I agree.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.