Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized Users how long does it take to show

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Authorized Users how long does it take to show

Did the reporting happen so quickly for you because you were added right before the end of a statement cycle?  The reason I am asking is, my credit score took a turn for the worst in the middle of escrow because of an old debt that was sold popped up out of no where on the underwritters final credit check before funding . So I was added to a family's Discover card to off set the bad mark and raise my score back so I can close. They told me it would report up to 30 days after the statement cycle ends.  That ended today so I am hoping it shows up on my report any day now so we can close escrow!  Thanks for the input Smiley Happy 

Message 41 of 47
S7
Established Contributor

So the card I was added to, father-in-laws, is a Bass Pro CC through Bank of America from what I have read. I was added on 9/3/12, but still reflected on my Credit Report Smiley Sad

"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683
Message 42 of 47
Chick305

Wa added as AU on 7/2 to Citibank and reported to all CRA on 7/10...
Message 43 of 47
SlyS13
Valued Member

Does just being an authorized user on a CC help out score wise? Especially if it is a long standing one?

Message 44 of 47
Sonic98
New Contributor

I had this problem with a card. I was an AU, and things weren't updating as fast on my report as on hers. We did a dispute on my credit instead of hers, and for some reason that CRA just completely removed the account from my report

@mystro9876 wrote:

I was just added as an Authorized User on a Capital One card, and within two weeks, it was reflected on my credit report.  HOWEVER, for some reason, when my credit report summarizes my score,  it is not factoring the contents of this card.

For instance:  The credit limit on this card is $15k (which is being reported).  When my monitoring service gives me my FAKO score, along with the factors making up my score, one of the factors is:

"You have a low credit limit"..............there is no way a $15k credit limit CC would be considered "Low Credit Limit"

Also, when it shows me a graph of my Debt Ratio,  It shows that I'm almost 100% utilized.  However, the $15K CC has a balance of $300.   I have three other cards being report, 2 of which are store cards which don't have any balance, and my one credit card has a $500 limit and is max, but I pay it off every month.

Does it take time after the credit card is being reflected on my credit report  that they get factored into your score?

Message 45 of 47
Sonic98
New Contributor

I started to choose the option of using the primary address for the address of the AU, but I didn't all the sudden want mail coming to my house in the name of the AU, at least not until I move, but this is a Capital One, and in the past I was able to be added to someone else's, and we had different addresses. So, I guess we wil see 

@soxcited wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

soexcited, Im in the same boat as you. I was put on as a AU on discover 04-05-10 and still not reporting. It was my dada card and we have the same last name but different address. They did not ask for my SS# at the time either. I hoping that it is reported this month being that the first is the billing cycle. I will let you know if or when it reflect on my report being that we were both added as AU's about the same time.

not to steal the thread but in my case the CRAs updated my address with the address of the main user (we live at different addresses) but the account still does not show up in my CR.

Message 46 of 47
Sonic98
New Contributor

....duplicate
Message 47 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.