tag
soxcited
New Contributor

Re: Authorized Users how long does it take to show

@mystro9876 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@soxcited wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

soexcited, Im in the same boat as you. I was put on as a AU on discover 04-05-10 and still not reporting. It was my dada card and we have the same last name but different address. They did not ask for my SS# at the time either. I hoping that it is reported this month being that the first is the billing cycle. I will let you know if or when it reflect on my report being that we were both added as AU's about the same time.

not to steal the thread but in my case the CRAs updated my address with the address of the main user (we live at different addresses) but the account still does not show up in my CR.

I added my name as an authorized user on my wife's Discover card on 5/01 (via web site/ no SSN entered). Her Discover account and history appeared under Experian on my credit report on 5/5. I did not see any change in my FAKO score from USAA monitoring. I will continue to watch for any changes.

I'm in the same boat.  I use Equifax's Gold Watch and my score didn't change either.  Hopefully it just takes time for it to be calculated into the score.

My FAKO changed when added as AU. I do not know about FICO as of yet. 

Starting Score: 540
Current Score: 706
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mystro9876 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@soxcited wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

soexcited, Im in the same boat as you. I was put on as a AU on discover 04-05-10 and still not reporting. It was my dada card and we have the same last name but different address. They did not ask for my SS# at the time either. I hoping that it is reported this month being that the first is the billing cycle. I will let you know if or when it reflect on my report being that we were both added as AU's about the same time.

not to steal the thread but in my case the CRAs updated my address with the address of the main user (we live at different addresses) but the account still does not show up in my CR.

I added my name as an authorized user on my wife's Discover card on 5/01 (via web site/ no SSN entered). Her Discover account and history appeared under Experian on my credit report on 5/5. I did not see any change in my FAKO score from USAA monitoring. I will continue to watch for any changes.

I'm in the same boat.  I use Equifax's Gold Watch and my score didn't change either.  Hopefully it just takes time for it to be calculated into the score.

My FAKO changed when added as AU. I do not know about FICO as of yet. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, It has been exactly 31 days after being put on as a AU on discover and nothing is being reported on my CRA at the moment. We do share the same last name but a different address. I have not used the card yet. I did activate it though when it arrived in the mail. Do I need to use the new card for it to show up on my CR?

Message 22 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also in the same boat! I have been added to a friend's Discover as an AU over 30 days ago and it still isn't reflecting on my credit reports. Our address even match! I am also waiting on AMEX to show up, but I was added on 04/30/10 on that one.

Message 23 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Midwest, did it ever show up yet?  Did you have to change the address for it to work?  Update

Message 24 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was added to a friend's BofA Visa (this person is not related to me).  I purchased a credit watch service and used his address as my current address.  The CRA's picked up the address, added it as a "previous address", and the card reported in about 3-4 weeks.  Not only did it report, but it factored into my FICO, raising it between 60 & 89 points (depending on the CRA).  TU increased 89 points!  The CL is $15k and the balance is less than $200.  He added me to a credit union card a few weeks ago.  They asked for my ss#, but it still hasn't reported.  My father added me to his Home Depot card a few months ago, but this one has never reported, even though his address is listed as a "previous address" for me.

Best of luck ....

Message 25 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

my grandparents made me an AU on their sears card and my EX score jumped 70 pts in one month

Message 26 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

MY SISTER ADD ME AS AU 3WEEKS AGO AND AS YOU CAN SEE MY SCORE WHEN UP 40 POINTS.. YES BECAUSE IAM IN ESCROW

Message 27 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK. I was added to my girlfriends CC - Visa - $20k Limit with a zero dollar balance. Its been well over 2 months... I was added with name and SSN but did not get the card (we requested not to receive one) and nothing has shown. Should we request a card in my name, activate, then use it to possibly increase it showing on my CC? FYI we don't live in the same house, have different last names, etc...

Message 28 of 47
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 29 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with the above statement.  I have been added to 4 accounts.  Only 2 of them show up on my report (Bank of America & Discover).

Message 30 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.