New Contributor
Focker69

Authorized user on settled C/O CC account

Hello all,

I'm new here but have been reading for a while. I was an authorized user on an uncles Chase credit card and it subsequently charged off and he settled for less than full and this is wreaking havoc on my credit. Is there anything I can do to get this removed from my report quickly?

Any help or input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Where is Angelo Mozilo these days? How is his tan?
Valued Contributor
beb86

Re: Authorized user on settled C/O CC account

Yeah call them and ask to remove you from the account.

ccpics2.jpg
New Contributor
Focker69

Can I do it even though i'm only the authorized user? For some reason, I was under the impression that they would want the primary account holder to make that request. Thanks for the quick response.

Where is Angelo Mozilo these days? How is his tan?
Valued Contributor
beb86

Focker69 wrote:

Can I do it even though i'm only the authorized user? For some reason, I was under the impression that they would want the primary account holder to make that request. Thanks for the quick response.

You are only authorized to use the card and not responsible for the debt so yeah I would call and ask to be removed since you no longer want to be an AU

ccpics2.jpg
ImprezaGardener

I also have this issue, I disputed it and in the dispute selected "this is the account of a family member" as it was one of the options.  I'm still waiting to hear back, though if it is validated I'll have my family member attempt to call and remove me.  I wonder if they will have issues as the account is charged off and closed.

Valued Contributor
beb86

ImprezaGardener wrote:

I also have this issue, I disputed it and in the dispute selected "this is the account of a family member" as it was one of the options.  I'm still waiting to hear back, though if it is validated I'll have my family member attempt to call and remove me.  I wonder if they will have issues as the account is charged off and closed.

Nahh you shouldnt have any issue since like I stated above you are just authorized to use the account and not responsible for it.

ccpics2.jpg
Mega Contributor
RobertEG

Why not have the principal account holder contact their creditor and delete the autorized user status?

Senior Contributor
fishbjc

I had myself removed as AU on 3 or 4 accounts.  I just called and asked.  VOILA!  Shell was a PITA, but got it done!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+