Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized user

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized user

My brother n law has a perfect credit never missed a payment on his credit card and has always pain in full. He told me that he can add me as an authorized user. Now here is the thing his credit card is from BoA and I just paid in full this morning a charge off on my credit. Will it being a BoA credit will I not be able to be added?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Authorized user

@Anonymous wrote:
My brother n law has a perfect credit never missed a payment on his credit card and has always pain in full. He told me that he can add me as an authorized user. Now here is the thing his credit card is from BoA and I just paid in full this morning a charge off on my credit. Will it being a BoA credit will I not be able to be added?

The real question is "Do you NEED to be added?"

What is your current complete credit situation?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA charge off-paid in full
Progressive collections $136- only on TU
Capital one cc opened in May paid in full
That's all I have on my credit report
Message 3 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I don't know how BoA would handle this, but I can see where it could be possible there can be an issue for them with this. I don't really think they would do anything, but who knows. Even if it is, the worst is they don't allow it and you move on.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.