cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan Inquries not grouping on Equifax.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto Loan Inquries not grouping on Equifax.

So, what's the deal? I saw it was supposed to be grouped to one hit after 45 days, and this was in September. It's showing 5 hits total on Equifax, but 1 on TU and EX. When I looked on CreditKarma it lists them as auto finance, so it's not a case of mislabeling. What do I do? It's killing my scores and it was cited as a specific reason for turning down a credit app in January. I was floored to hear how many hits were on the report.

Is there anything I can do to make my case to Equifax? Help!

Edit: And I've just now noticed there's two hard pulls on my credit that I most certainly did not authorize, nor make myself.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Auto Loan Inquries not grouping on Equifax.

@Anonymous wrote:

So, what's the deal? I saw it was supposed to be grouped to one hit after 45 days, and this was in September. It's showing 5 hits total on Equifax, but 1 on TU and EX. When I looked on CreditKarma it lists them as auto finance, so it's not a case of mislabeling. What do I do? It's killing my scores and it was cited as a specific reason for turning down a credit app in January. I was floored to hear how many hits were on the report.

Is there anything I can do to make my case to Equifax? Help!

Edit: And I've just now noticed there's two hard pulls on my credit that I most certainly did not authorize, nor make myself.

The actual inquiries all remain Fico just picks up all properly coded entries (in a 2 week period not 45 days) as 1 for scoring purposes. If you are denied for inqs you need to recon and tell them which ones were for auto financing. You will not succeed in getting them removed by disputing them with EQ.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well crap. That stinks. Some of them are listing as All Banks, including ones I did not authorize. What does All Banks mean?

Message 3 of 5
degs138
Established Contributor

I have this problem too.  TransUnion shows that I have a total of 13 inquries and equifax says I have 23.  5 inquires on TU are from the same day and all for car finance.  Equifax has 10 from one day all car financing.  I'm not sure that they are grouping these since I have a 100 point difference from TU to EQ.  I'm not sure what to do???

FICO TU 757 Eq 741 116,900 Total revolving Credit.
Favorite cards: AMEX BCP, US Bank Cash+, Chase Sapphire Prefered
Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@degs138 wrote:

I have this problem too.  TransUnion shows that I have a total of 13 inquries and equifax says I have 23.  5 inquires on TU are from the same day and all for car finance.  Equifax has 10 from one day all car financing.  I'm not sure that they are grouping these since I have a 100 point difference from TU to EQ.  I'm not sure what to do???

If they dont say auto loan on them call whomever inquired and ask them to recode it properly to an auto loan inquiry this is all you can do with it.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.