Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan not being reported

tag
Rilo2056
New Visitor

Auto Loan not being reported

So I got an auto loan 4 years ago with wells fargo. They approved the loan under my mother and me as the cosigner because I did not have any credit at the time. I make all the payments, etc. About 2 and 1/2 years ago my mother filed bankruptcy but reaffirmed my car loan because it is my car and I wanted to keep it. After that my loan was picked up my wells fargo dealer services. Since then my car has not been reported to any of the credit bureaus. The only thing that shows is the original loan through wells fargo, it shows closed. I have filed disputes with all of the credit bureaus and they all come back saying there is no error. About 6 months ago I unfortunately filed bankruptcy but my car was not included in it because I'm considered just the cosigner. But I need the car to be reported so I can build credit. I have never been late or anything. Wells fargo dealer services does not give me any answers about this. Do they have to report it? How can I get them to report it?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Auto Loan not being reported

@Rilo2056 wrote:

So I got an auto loan 4 years ago with wells fargo. They approved the loan under my mother and me as the cosigner because I did not have any credit at the time. I make all the payments, etc. About 2 and 1/2 years ago my mother filed bankruptcy but reaffirmed my car loan because it is my car and I wanted to keep it. After that my loan was picked up my wells fargo dealer services. Since then my car has not been reported to any of the credit bureaus. The only thing that shows is the original loan through wells fargo, it shows closed. I have filed disputes with all of the credit bureaus and they all come back saying there is no error. About 6 months ago I unfortunately filed bankruptcy but my car was not included in it because I'm considered just the cosigner. But I need the car to be reported so I can build credit. I have never been late or anything. Wells fargo dealer services does not give me any answers about this. Do they have to report it? How can I get them to report it?

Im confused, if you are the cosigner that would imply you having better credit than your mother. Who is listed first as primary on the contract?

Message 2 of 8
Rilo2056
New Visitor

4 years ago they could not approve me has the primary but I could be put on the loan has the cosigner.

Message 3 of 8
chevyman
Contributor

Then it should have been reported on both your reports the same
Message 4 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

They don't have to report.  Why they aren't now, after the BK,  I could not tell you.

Message 5 of 8
Rilo2056
New Visitor

It is not being reported at all on either of ours after her bankruptcy. 

Message 6 of 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

I don't know where to even begin to tell you why they are not reporting.

Message 7 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The closed auto loan is still factored into your AAoA.  Not having a currently open installment loan would decrease your credit mix a little, not much.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.