cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan skip a payment program (marked my credit 30 days late!!!!)

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

Auto loan skip a payment program (marked my credit 30 days late!!!!)

A couple of months ago I was having financial issues so I applied for the "skip a payment" program with my auto loan.  They allowed me to skip two payments.

Well a few days ago I applied for a new car loan and they told me I have two lates this year on my auto loan.  And it was the months that I skipped payment.  The bank I have the auto loan with told me it would not affect my credit but it did and marked me 30 days late for two months.  They caused my proints to go down and my interest rate was so high I could not take the new car loan.

I am going to write them a letter and dispute it.  But Im so disappointed that I was lied to!!!  I don't know how I will ever get these lates off without a fight.  this is going to cost me a lot of time and money Smiley Sad

Any other suggestions, besides trying to dispute and write letters?

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: Auto loan skin a payment program (marked my credit 30 days late!!!!)

Disputing it isn't going to do any good.  I would write a letter to someone at the executive level.  They should be able to pull the tapes.  When a Customer Service Rep. doesn't do their job properly, they affect the consumer.  And this is flat out WRONG. 

What do the statements show monthly?  Does it show you're a month behind?  I know there are programs to put a payment or two on the backend, but it should be spelled out.

This sucks and I'm sorry it happened to you.  Have you spoken to someone who heads that department up?

Message 2 of 4
glamchick
Established Contributor

I haven't seen my statements, but thats a good idea I will have to look at them.

I've only seen my credit report where it says 30 days late for July and August Smiley Sad

I will send a letter to the executives.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

GM did this to me several years ago. My payment was due on the 15th. i called on the 12th and they deferred 2 payments. I was hit with 2 30 day lates. i called their regular CS and was informed it wasn't the payments that was reporting late but the late fees. I never was late, just defferred prior to due date but they said late fees would apply after the fact. I fought that battle for over a year. Get your statements and call the EO as previous poster suggested, bug them until they take care of it. Good luck.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.