Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto repo help?

tag
faithincredit
New Contributor

Auto repo help?

I have repo from 2009 with National Auto Lender. It was not charged off they still own it to my understanding.  It is showing a past due balance of $2, 224 but the amount owed as $347.  I want to be able to finance a car again but everytime I apply for a loan they reject me due to having a repo on my credit file and of course my low score.  At one point a Toyota Dealership stated hat the score was workable but the repo would require a co-signer.

Can anyone give me advise on how to get rid of this TL from my CR. Also I am willing to pay the $347 if that's what I owe.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AlphaKenny
Contributor

Re: Auto repo help?

What state are you in and/or what state was the repo in?  Do you remember the balance that was left on the loan when you defaulted?  What was your monthly payment when you were paying on the loan?

I had a repo in 2010, but I paid the balance off the next day and recovered the vehicle.  I just recently sent a 623 dispute letter to the OC because the trade line had multiple inaccuracies and they sent me a letter 10 days later saying they are deleting the whole trade line.

Your situation is different than mine, but if you can answer the questions above, someone might be able to give better advice.

Message 2 of 4
faithincredit
New Contributor

Correction:

Past Due is $2,177 and the Balance is $347. I don't remember the amount that I owe but I rember it being under $2,000.  I also have always lived in Fl. My payment was $111 bi-weekly.  Date openned was 02/2008. Then repo'd in 2009. I wasn't working and I was in school when my car was repo'd.

Should I DV, Dispute, etc?

Message 3 of 4
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

@faithincredit wrote:

Correction:

Past Due is $2,177 and the Balance is $347. I don't remember the amount that I owe but I rember it being under $2,000.  I also have always lived in Fl. My payment was $111 bi-weekly.  Date openned was 02/2008. Then repo'd in 2009. I wasn't working and I was in school when my car was repo'd.

Should I DV, Dispute, etc?

Send a PFD settlement letter to the creditor and pay off the balance only if they agree to delete from your reports. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.