Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid Lexington Law!!

tag
trc1962
Regular Contributor

Avoid Lexington Law!!

6 weeks ago I stupidly contacted Lexington Law office. They gave me the speel and told me they did not charge until after the work, so I enrolled. I read reviews on the BBB that werent too good and also on this forum. I called them and said I wanted to cancel asap and wanted them to have nothing to do with my credit report. I called several days later and asked my status to check if I was dienrolled for sure and I was.. 5 weeks later I get 2 charges on my card: $99.95 and $19.95. I called and told them I was disenrolled and they said "you disenrolled 12 hours too late, so the charges are just." I am very frustrated and they have not behaved very professionally. Avoid them at all costs.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Amleigh
Regular Contributor

Re: Avoid Lexington Law!!

Yes, they suck! I cancelled them two weeks ago. They are so unprofessional and their work is crap! Six months and they only deleted one item off my Experian report. I've had better results disputing on my own! 

Starting Score: 467 EQ 514 TU 583 EX
Current Score: 531 EQ 567 TU 601 EX
Goal Score: EQ 742 TU 742 EX 742

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

They cannot charge for services that were not rendered.  Did they do anything on your accounts?

(b) Payment in advance

No credit repair organization may charge or receive any money or other valuable consideration for the performance of any service which the credit repair organization has agreed to perform for any consumer before such service is fully performed.

(a) In general
Any consumer may cancel any contract with any credit repair organization without penalty or obligation by notifying the credit repair organization of the consumer’s intention to do so at any time before midnight of the 3rd business day which begins after the date on which the contract or agreement between the consumer and the credit repair organization is executed or would, but for this subsection, become enforceable against the parties.
(b) Cancellation form and other information
Each contract shall be accompanied by a form, in duplicate, which has the heading “Notice of Cancellation” and contains in bold face type the following statement:
“You may cancel this contract, without any penalty or obligation, at any time before midnight of the 3rd day which begins after the date the contract is signed by you.
“To cancel this contract, mail or deliver a signed, dated copy of this cancellation notice, or any other written notice to [ name of credit repair organization ] at [ address of credit repair organization ] before midnight on [ date ]
“I hereby cancel this transaction,
[ date ]
[ purchaser’s signature ].”.
(c) Consumer copy of contract required
Any consumer who enters into any contract with any credit repair organization shall be given, by the organization—
(1) a copy of the completed contract and the disclosure statement required under section 1679c of this title; and
(2) a copy of any other document the credit repair organization requires the consumer to sign,
at the time the contract or the other document is signed.

This is part of the CROA, if any of this was violated, then you would have a case against them.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 10
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@trc1962 wrote:

6 weeks ago I stupidly contacted Lexington Law office. They gave me the speel and told me they did not charge until after the work, so I enrolled. I read reviews on the BBB that werent too good and also on this forum. I called them and said I wanted to cancel asap and wanted them to have nothing to do with my credit report. I called several days later and asked my status to check if I was dienrolled for sure and I was.. 5 weeks later I get 2 charges on my card: $99.95 and $19.95. I called and told them I was disenrolled and they said "you disenrolled 12 hours too late, so the charges are just." I am very frustrated and they have not behaved very professionally. Avoid them at all costs.

I'm sorry to hear that.   Hopefully, you've disputed the charges with your CCC or bank.  I would also considering filing a complaint with the appropriate BBB and the FTC (they don't process individual complaints, but may be able to investigate on a grand scale).  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 4 of 10
yfan
Valued Contributor

Since they are, albeit nominally, a law firm, there is a body that oversees them. It's called the state bar - namely, the Utah State Bar. The practicing attorney is  John C. Heath, Attorney at Law. You can contact the Utah State Bar here:

http://www.utahbar.org/contact/

Message 5 of 10
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@trc1962 wrote:

Read my post here and keep it active. I'm trying to show everyone their slimy business practices so more people don't get scammed! :

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/DO-NOT-USE-LEXINGTON-LAW-FIRM/td-p/3277310

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 6 of 10
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

In many cases, Lexington Law will resolve the matter by crediting the charge. If you canceled during a billing cycle, they can bill you at the end of the billing period. From what I understand, you have a short number of days to cancel the agreement. If you canceled after that period (4 weeks), they can bill you. I heard others report that they canceled after the grace period and LL credited their account. I would advise you to call them and explain your grievance. Good luck!
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 7 of 10
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@SOGGIE wrote:
In many cases, Lexington Law will resolve the matter by crediting the charge. If you canceled during a billing cycle, they can bill you at the end of the billing period. From what I understand, you have a short number of days to cancel the agreement. If you canceled after that period (4 weeks), they can bill you. I heard others report that they canceled after the grace period and LL credited their account. I would advise you to call them and explain your grievance. Good luck!

This is incorrect. They bill a month in advance. No matter what time of month you call you will at least be billed $99.95 unless you throw a fit for days.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 8 of 10
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

I suspect there is a company man commenting on this thread lol
some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.