Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awesome rebuilding experience so far!!

tag
Rlandon87
Regular Contributor

Awesome rebuilding experience so far!!

So since my last post and a FICO of 560ish I am now at 674!!!! I know I know... Nothing to brag about but a big leap for me In such a short time (4/5 months)

I was stuck in a horrible auto loan with a 14% interest rate, I had no revolving credit and couldn't get any, and had some serious student loan delinq's (7 total- all either default or 120+ past due). This was all brought on by a death in the family and a poor paying job about 4 years ago.

As of today

All student loans rehabbed and consolidated- all showing pays as agreed with payment history from original start date

6 revolving accounts-
J.crew/comenity - 500$
Express/comenity - 500$
The buckle/comenity- 300$
Capital one classic platinum- 300$
Élan financial secured- 300$
And.... The best part
CHASE FREEDOM cash rewards! - 1000$!

I currently hold an auto loan through ally with 9.9% financing, nothing special but a huge drop from the past loan.

I still have 2 paid CO CC Accts with GEMB Old navy, and paypal- they will not budge for anything and I fear they are stuck permanently.... Well for 5 more years. I have 12 HP's but about half are 1.3 years old. The others are from 2/3 months ago and today.

I'm really hoping that by this time next year I'll be sitting nice with AT LEAST a 700 fico and some nice credit limits on my revolving Accts.

Definitely want to say thank you to every member here who helps out and if there is anything I can answer or help with just ask away.
 photo ficos3.jpg
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Re: Awesome rebuilding experience so far!!

Remember, it took a while to trash your credit and it takes even longer to climb out of the valley. Congradulations on your accomplishments. The key is pay on time every month.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 2 of 7
Springer
New Contributor

What kinda score did you have when you were approved for the Freedom card?
In The Garden Since 1/5/13

Starting Score: EQ FICO 627 CK 633 CS 630 (12/2012)
Current Score: EQ FICO-584: EX FICO (BofA, 12/17/2012): 538 :CK 578 :CS 630
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did u get a loan to reconsolidate? I'm trying to consolidate about 30,000 in cc debt and was denied bc of my credit score

Message 4 of 7
Rlandon87
Regular Contributor

Freedom was this month.

Reconsolidation was on student loans and by salie Mae. I just filled out paperwork and was completed.
 photo ficos3.jpg
Message 5 of 7
mnosal9
Regular Contributor

Congrats!! I  Keep it up youll see 700 in no time!

Starting: 6/2012 : EX: 485(FAKO) EQ: 490(FICO) Trans: 482(FAKO)
Current : 4/2014: EX: 650(FICO) EQ: 664 (FICO) Trans: 681 (FICO)

Cards: NPSL Amex Green (AU), $11500 Discover IT, $4000 Quicksilver One, $3500 Bank of America Travel Rewards,$3000 Amex BCE,$3000 Quicksilver One, $3000 AA, $2500 Sallie Mae MC, $5000 Citibank AA, $1500 Barclay, $1200 Macys
~Back to the Garden~

Goal Score: 700 Across!

Gardening til 8/2014!!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So u recnsolidated ur student loans?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.