Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful Senex Surprise

tag
Pineknot69
Regular Contributor

Awful Senex Surprise

So I got an alert to check my score. Yesterday I was delighted to see it jump 12 points due to a long awaited Navy Federal unsecured credit card. Today I see a 21 point loss because Senex Service Corp has reported a debt without mailing me any notification prior to reporting it. I have not contacted anyone there yet but reading through the forums here I see they are difficult to work with. I would like to get advice about how to address this and hopefully use their failure to send me notification to inspire them to remove the debt. It is a medical bill incurred in 2013 and the physician who performed surgery on my son did not follow the procedure to be paid by my insurance company so it went to collections. I asked them to refile with the proper codes (Champva said they did not use the right codes so claims were denied.) The last communication I got regarding this bill was prior to my letter informing the doctor to refile with the right codes. I assumed it was covered and done two years ago and  now I see it appear out of the blue on my credit report. So upset. We are trying to get a mortgage loan soon and this company looks like a bear to deal with. Help! 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Re: Awful Senex Surprise

It might help to send Senex a notice in writing, stating the violation. Then report the matter to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at www.consumerfinance.gov.
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 2 of 13
Pineknot69
Regular Contributor

Thanks, I just reported it to CFPB last night. I believe they bought the debt from West Asset after I reported West Asset to the CFPB! The reason I reported them, was that I didn't receive a notice until a couple days before they reported it to the credit bureau. West Asset was fined $1000.00 for their violation. Now here I go again. 

Message 3 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Pineknot69 wrote:

So I got an alert to check my score. Yesterday I was delighted to see it jump 12 points due to a long awaited Navy Federal unsecured credit card. Today I see a 21 point loss because Senex Service Corp has reported a debt without mailing me any notification prior to reporting it. I have not contacted anyone there yet but reading through the forums here I see they are difficult to work with. I would like to get advice about how to address this and hopefully use their failure to send me notification to inspire them to remove the debt. It is a medical bill incurred in 2013 and the physician who performed surgery on my son did not follow the procedure to be paid by my insurance company so it went to collections. I asked them to refile with the proper codes (Champva said they did not use the right codes so claims were denied.) The last communication I got regarding this bill was prior to my letter informing the doctor to refile with the right codes. I assumed it was covered and done two years ago and  now I see it appear out of the blue on my credit report. So upset. We are trying to get a mortgage loan soon and this company looks like a bear to deal with. Help! 

There has to be proper procedures used by the doctor to collect from the insurance company, they failed miserably. I suggest you send the doctors office an ITS (Intent to sue) letter demanding that their CA be recalled and the bill written off for their failure to follow proper billing pricedure. Be ready and willing to actually file the suit.

Message 4 of 13
Pineknot69
Regular Contributor

I would love to sue them if I knew how! I complained to the provider that "provided" my son's care that he didn't follow the standard of care to prevent further injury to my son while recovering from surgery. Because he failed to order a brace to stabilize my son's knee during healing, my son required two additional surgeries before he was able to heal. So I am certain this Dr doesn't care for me. I would just pay this to make it go away if Senex would delete it from my report. Thank you for the advice. 

Message 5 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Pineknot69 wrote:

I would love to sue them if I knew how! I complained to the provider that "provided" my son's care that he didn't follow the standard of care to prevent further injury to my son while recovering from surgery. Because he failed to order a brace to stabilize my son's knee during healing, my son required two additional surgeries before he was able to heal. So I am certain this Dr doesn't care for me. I would just pay this to make it go away if Senex would delete it from my report. Thank you for the advice. 

Ok, then these are the steps to follow with unpaid medicals reporting on your CR

1. Call the OC and ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
2. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
3. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 6 of 13
Pineknot69
Regular Contributor

Thank you so much! I will do so and update when I hear anything new. I appreciate it!

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pineknot69 wrote:

They have a name for that - its called "malpractice" and doctors get sued for it frequently. IMO, the doctor should be paying to make YOU go away.

Message 8 of 13
Pineknot69
Regular Contributor

lol believe me if I had the energy I would have. It happened in 2013 and during that time I was not doing well either....it was a long summer. I think it's too late to sue him now but I did have them release all of my son's medical records at the time fully intending to do just that. My problem with lawsuits is they drain me. I battled worker's comp when I injured myself in 2011 (working), battled ex husband over child support/child's medical bills...just didn't have the energy. Do you think it's too late??

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

No idea, depends entirely on your states laws regarding SOL on various causes of action. Time to do some googling.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.