Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BADDIES REMOVED BRINGING SCORE DOWN

tag
bella1013
Contributor

BADDIES REMOVED BRINGING SCORE DOWN

I'm having lots of luck getting my negative accounts (that have been paid in full) taken off my credit reports so far.  Unfortunately, it's bring my score down instead of up.   Smiley FrustratedI'm assuming it's because their affecting my AAOA.  So Good but Sucks at the same time!

Removed:

LVNV Funding for Best Buy Collection Account

Credit Management Hospital Debt Collection Account

FMA LLC Victorias Secret Collection Account

DSNB Macy's Collection/Charged Account

RJM Acq LLC Wachovia Bank Collection Account

Not Yet Removed:

Cap One/HBSC Best Buy Charged Off Account

Comenity Bank/VS Charged Off Account

Credit One Bank Charged Off Account

Mid Land Funding for Credit One Bank Collection Account

Credit Financial Hospital Debt Collection Account

Credit Financial Hospital Debt Collection Account

LVNV Funding/Best Buy Judgement (The Worst!!)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: BADDIES REMOVED BRINGING SCORE DOWN

Any CA account removed should not mess up your AAoA because they are not supposed to be factored into AAoA.  I have seen it happen though.

If you get your OC accounts removed that will definitely mess with AAoA.

Message 2 of 6
bella1013
Contributor

Oh I didn't know that. I wonder why they're dropping my score when they get removed. Not by much though only about 5-10 pts. I guess either way its better for them to come off.
Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If each one is causing a 5 - 10 point drop that could be significant if you have many removed.  Are you sure nothing else happened at the time of the removal?

Yes, I agree.  I would always go for a clean report versus AAoA any day.

Message 4 of 6
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

If each one is causing a 5 - 10 point drop that could be significant if you have many removed.  Are you sure nothing else happened at the time of the removal?

Yes, I agree.  I would always go for a clean report versus AAoA any day.

+1

Message 5 of 6
bella1013
Contributor

Not that I've noticed.  For some reason, I seem to be having a different experience with my credit score then what I've read on this forum.  I know with new accounts being added you may lose a couple points but it's suppose to quickly climb up after making your payments, etc.  My score doesn't seem to be moving at all.  I keep checking and nothings happening.  When my baddies are getting taken off, I'm losing points.  Cat Sad  I just don't get it.  It's a little frustrating.  I hope this turns around. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.