Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BARCLAYS SAYS NO!!!

tag
teamgray
Contributor

BARCLAYS SAYS NO!!!

I applied for the barclays card, in hopes to rebuild my credit, thinking that they would pull equifax, they pulled transunion. My score is 593.....I was not approved because I do not have any credit cards on my report.....I called them to pull the app and try and get them to reconsider, they asked a few questions, and basically said before they can approve me i will need another credit card to report....crazy!!!! I have a 1000 Line of credit reporting ...but to them, i guess that doesnt count.  SECURED CC HERE I COME!!!!

Starting Score: 612 EQ 6-1-2013
Current Score: 12-26-13 656 EQ(FICO) 608 TU(FAKO) 632(FICO) EX
Goal Score: 700 FICO on all three by 7/1

"The Struggle is real"
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BARCLAYS SAYS NO!!!

Go get that secured card, garden it and let it do it's work.  At this time last year, I had $0 in revolving accounts.  I have the letter in my desk where AMEX denied me for a Zync card.  I finished cleaning my reports and got a small CL with a Walmart Card.  I now have over $60K in revolving accounts CLs, all since Sept. of 12.  Once I got that first card and let it garden a bit, they started sending me offers constantly.  So clean and build,  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 8
teamgray
Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

Go get that secured card, garden it and let it do it's work.  At this time last year, I had $0 in revolving accounts.  I have the letter in my desk where AMEX denied me for a Zync card.  I finished cleaning my reports and got a small CL with a Walmart Card.  I now have over $60K in revolving accounts CLs, all since Sept. of 12.  Once I got that first card and let it garden a bit, they started sending me offers constantly.  So clean and build,  Smiley Happy

Sounds like thats what i will do!!!! thanks shogun! you are an inspiration to us all on the board!  (P.S.) I think I will keep the letter as a point of reference for next year at this time

#365DaysToCreditLovelyness

"The Struggle is real"

Message 3 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@teamgray wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

Sounds like thats what i will do!!!! thanks shogun! you are an inspiration to us all on the board!  (P.S.) I think I will keep the letter as a point of reference for next year at this time

+1 

Shogun hit the nail on the head 

If you follow that information you will have CC history and lenders will open doors. 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

+1, Shogun nailed it. He was nice enough to buy me a new grill for fathers day. What a pal!!! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
teamgray
Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@teamgray wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

+1 

If you follow that information you will have CC history and lenders will open doors. 

should i get three (3) secured cards and a Jewely card to make my tradelines look nice? or just stick witf a 9k and a 1k secured card.... your thoughts

"The Struggle is real"

Message 6 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@teamgray wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@teamgray wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

+1 

should i get three (3) secured cards and a Jewely card to make my tradelines look nice? or just stick witf a 9k and a 1k secured card.... your thoughts

If you can get those 2 or just one it will build history just fine.

Also depending on who the cards are with it will show on CR's as revolving instead of secured which is a plus.

Payment history on a 9K lines will result in most cases higher limits when you apply for unsecured cards YMMV

The jewelry card is optional 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 8
teamgray
Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@teamgray wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@teamgray wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

+1 

If you can get those 2 or just one it will build history just fine.

Also depending on who the cards are with it will show on CR's as revolving instead of secured which is a plus.

Payment history on a 9K lines will result in most cases higher limits when you apply for unsecured cards YMMV

The jewelry card is optional 

I would think if it shows three tradelines it would increase my credit score...but im not sure....do you recommend CC  companies that i can contact so that it will show revolving instead of secured?

"The Struggle is real"

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.