Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBB, Attornery General, and Consumer Protection complaints

tag
jm2908
Established Member

BBB, Attornery General, and Consumer Protection complaints

I filed complaints against Capital One for not correcting incorrect reporting on my account. They are now calling me non-stop. Should I call them back or let it work its way out with the BBB, Attornery General, and Consumer Protection Agencies?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: BBB, Attornery General, and Consumer Protection complaints

@jm2908 wrote:

I filed complaints against Capital One for not correcting incorrect reporting on my account. They are now calling me non-stop. Should I call them back or let it work its way out with the BBB, Attornery General, and Consumer Protection Agencies?

how long usually BBB FTC.....etc....respond your complain I file a complain in 23 of August and haven't heard anything from them

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 6
jm2908
Established Member

I filed about two weeks ago. I am receving calls from Capital One....not the agencies with whom I filed the complaints.

Message 3 of 6
jm2908
Established Member

However, the BBB response time is supposed to be within 30 days.

Message 4 of 6
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

What about FTC and such ,...?."

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 5 of 6
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@jm2908 wrote:

You should talk to them and commit to nothing.  Just like they do to you when you ask them for something.  Certainly if you resolve it with the Attorney General and Consumer Protection Agency it will mean more for other consumers.  They don't seem to do too well in lawsuits!  And they have had a few.

They are also not too good with complaints.  They don't rank too high. 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.