cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBB Complaint worked Resurgent/RCS/CVF Acquistions worked!

tag
Familywantsahouse
Frequent Contributor

BBB Complaint worked Resurgent/RCS/CVF Acquistions worked!

Applied for a mortgage and all of a sudden RCS/CVF Acquistions showed up as a revolving account from a charged off Captial Onr card due to age off in less than 6 months.

No notice was sent.

I filed and complaint with the SC AG and BBB, and voila...this morning I got a response that after "further investigation" the tradeline is being deleted. They are really DUMB too because I just wanted this OFF, so I actually sent a PFD they ignored. Too bad so sad for them...

2/24 (Lender Pull) EQ 613, TU 553, EX 589
April EQ 633, My Fico TU 638, EX ??
Current EQ 643, TU 652, EX 633 (lender pull 5/11)
Goal (we made it!!)- Over 640 middle by 5/15
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

Re: BBB Complaint worked Resurgent/RCS/CVF Acquistions worked!

Congrats! Yeah, the BBB has this magic touch with them...I think it's because they know they don't follow the FDCPA laws and cave easy. I just wanted validation from them and sent a complaint for that via the BBB. They validated AND deleted. Go figure.

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

there are other similar threads about them(aka LVNV), with similar outcomes. also hoping mine gets deleted.  way to go!!!

Message 3 of 4
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Familywantsahouse wrote:

Applied for a mortgage and all of a sudden RCS/CVF Acquistions showed up as a revolving account from a charged off Captial Onr card due to age off in less than 6 months.

No notice was sent.

I filed and complaint with the SC AG and BBB, and voila...this morning I got a response that after "further investigation" the tradeline is being deleted. They are really DUMB too because I just wanted this OFF, so I actually sent a PFD they ignored. Too bad so sad for them...

glad it worked...

however, just be aware, Resurgent/Sherman WILL sell this to another CA, or move it to one of their others.. they like playing games with people trying to buy homes.. :/

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.