Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBB Removal Success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBB Removal Success

Good afternoon,

My Utility was reporting me dilinquent with 30, 60, 90, and even multiple 120's when I was on a payment plan and paying on time every month. After multiple calls and emails to them, getting no where but receiving plenty of attitude along the way, I decided to file a BBB complaint. 

My complaint was completely legitamit.  I wasn't complaining about something that trully was or should have been in negative standing. So i stated that I wanted 2 accounts listed in negative standing (from my previous house and current house, it should have only been one account) completely closed.

They sent me back some email stating that it was correct and that they would call me. I replied saying that I did not want them to call me as their customer service is lackluster and unhelpful and that I again would only accept these accounts being removed. They replied once again saying that it was justified. I responded back with an attachment of a previous bill (that I had saved last year, these can no longer be saved from that sight) and it showed where it stated what was due and that was what I paid. 

They apparently knew they had no leg to stand on so a representative called me. She stated that they reviewed the account and would completely remove the old account from my credit report.  I said while I appreciate that, there has to be more that can be done.  I told her that this is preventing me from being able to buy a house. I told her I am always on time with my payments and simply paid what was asked of and agreed on with me. I asked her to please revisit it with her supervisors and she said she would and would contact me back. 

I got a phone call about 2 hours later that said "Dan, you are very fortunate, my supervisors have agreed to completely remove all deragatories from your credit and delete the old account"

HOW EXCITING IS THAT?! This has been a long time coming!!!! Persistance and escalation proves to be fruitful! 

How much does anyone think my score will raise from this?  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BBB Removal Success

Sweeet. If those are the only recent derogs in the last 24 months you could get a really nice score bump.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BBB Removal Success

@Anonymous wrote:

Sweeet. If those are the only recent derogs in the last 24 months you could get a really nice score bump.

Norman, or anyone else,

I haven't seen the accounts removed yet. Should i contact them or let it sit for 60days? 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.