Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBB win Cavalry portfolio services!!!

tag
DAVE49ERS
Valued Member

BBB win Cavalry portfolio services!!!

Got a response from the BBB today with a message from cavalry. It said they never said they would delete the collection once paid(which they did). Letter ended with them saying in the interest of customer services they directed CRA to delete the tradeline.

So HAPPY this is off my reports. I did get a SW alert with a increase of 16 point i am guessing I had to do with this. Still waiting on LVNV funding response to the BBB that is now the only collection on my credit reports

Ex: 12/14/13 634 EQ: 1/26/14 639 TU: 3/1/2014 682 walmart TU 650 all FICO scores
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BBB win Cavalry portfolio services!!!

Good job, congrats Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
DAVE49ERS
Valued Member

Thanks! I just feel so good to have this collection off I have been working like crazy to fix my credit. This is a huge victory for me!
Ex: 12/14/13 634 EQ: 1/26/14 639 TU: 3/1/2014 682 walmart TU 650 all FICO scores
Message 3 of 6
lmfields
New Contributor

Sweet!  I just submitted my complaint this morning- a similar issue, they told me if I paid it would help me in rebuilding my credit because they would remove it- but they never did... $600 down the drain (years ago before I knew about this site!).  Hoping for the same results...

Starting Score: Me:530 Him:519
Current Score: (CK) Me:535 Him:534
Goal Score: 650+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
DAVE49ERS
Valued Member

If it wasn't for this site i would never have been able to clean my credit up. I went from a fico score of 550 to a high of 660 from TU in less then 4 months. THANK YOU MYFICO and all the great members

Message 5 of 6
cabner
New Contributor

@DAVE49ERS wrote:

Got a response from the BBB today with a message from cavalry. It said they never said they would delete the collection once paid(which they did). Letter ended with them saying in the interest of customer services they directed CRA to delete the tradeline.

So HAPPY this is off my reports. I did get a SW alert with a increase of 16 point i am guessing I had to do with this. Still waiting on LVNV funding response to the BBB that is now the only collection on my credit reports

An old thread, but I'm so happy to have found this!  I have a paid collection on my report from Cavalry too.   They received a judgement, then agreed to vacate the judgement and remove from my reports upon final payment.   This was paid, the judgement was vacated, yet the reporting on my CRs has remained.   I finally decided to try the BBB route today.  Fingers crossed that they hold up to their end of the deal that we struck back in 2013 on this!  

I wish I would've taken the time a few years ago to take charge of my credit report, and not had my head stuck in the ground like an ostrich.  I am now, and am seeing old stuff falling off.  So rewarding!!

Starting Scores 12/28/2014: TU: 599 EX: 599 EQ: 568

Current Scores: TU: 675 EX: 664 EQ: 620
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.